Zetia and Injury - from FDA reports
Injury is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Injury with Zetia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,261 people who have side effects when taking Zetia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
34,261 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia.
Among them, 517 people (1.51%) have Injury
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zetia when people have Injury *:
- < 1 month: 9.68 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.26 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.68 %
- 2 - 5 years: 29.03 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.23 %
- 10+ years: 12.9 %
Gender of people who have Injury when taking Zetia *:
- female: 64.13 %
- male: 35.87 %
Age of people who have Injury when taking Zetia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.24 %
- 20-29: 1.71 %
- 30-39: 6.36 %
- 40-49: 9.78 %
- 50-59: 22.98 %
- 60+: 58.92 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass: 82 people, 15.86%
- Pain: 39 people, 7.54%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 39 people, 7.54%
- High Blood Pressure: 29 people, 5.61%
- Metastases To Spine (cancer spreads to spine): 26 people, 5.03%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 178 people, 34.43%
- Aspirin: 162 people, 31.33%
- Zometa: 158 people, 30.56%
- Plavix: 130 people, 25.15%
- Lasix: 126 people, 24.37%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 361 people, 69.83%
- Stress And Anxiety: 340 people, 65.76%
- Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable): 209 people, 40.43%
- Emotional Distress: 202 people, 39.07%
- Depression: 166 people, 32.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Zetia and have Injury?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Injury
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 35,207 users)
Injury has been reported by people with birth control, acne, diabetes, coronary artery bypass, pain (latest reports from 88,630 Injury patients).
Drugs that are associated with InjuryInjury (2,483 drugs)
Could your condition cause InjuryInjury (2,050 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInjury and drugs with ingredients of ezetimibe.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInjury and Zetia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zetia side effects
- Zetia side effects (34,273 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zetiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zetia and have Injury
- Support group for people who have Injury
- Support group for people who take Zetia
Can you answer these questions
- Which part of the back does Zetia cause pain
- I just started Zetia and have been feeling anxious for the last few days. Does anyone else experience this? thanks
- Is there a proven connection with the medication zetia and kidney failure? I have been taking zetia for approximately 10 yrs and have been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease. If there is a connection, can this be reversed through discontinuing taking the medication?
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been taking zetia for quite some time and have recently developed neuropathy. I take it once a day and always on an empty stomach. I did not equate the prickling feeling at first with this medication, but after googling it, I discovered a correlation between the two. Can anyone here...
- had to stop taking Zetia after 1 week due to severe stomach pain and numbness and tingling in fingers on both hands. The stomach pain went away but the numbness and tingling are still present, It has been over one month. Really concerned, Does anyone know when the tingling will go away
- My husband has been taking generic zetia for 2 months.....he starting with his arms itching but tonight he is itchy all over his upper torso.....anybody else have this issue?
- Been on Zetia about 2 months, and always have either heartburn or a headache. Anyone else?
- I've been on a generic Zetia for 3 months now and have lost 15 lbs.. I do need to lose about 30 lbs. total. Should I be concerned? I feel fine and really have no side effects, other than the weight loss.
- Will you have Ebola Disease with Marplan?
- Will you have Unequal Limb Length with Implanon?
- Nisoldipine and Prednisolone drug interaction
- Will you have Muscle Twitching with Paxil Cr?
- Will you have Muscle Fasciculation with Paxil Cr?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Marplan and have Ebola Disease?
- Support group for people who take Implanon and have Unequal Limb Length?
- Support group for people who take Nisoldipine and Prednisolone
- Support group for people who take Paxil Cr and have Muscle Twitching?
- Support group for people who take Paxil Cr and have Muscle Fasciculation?
- What to expect when you take Marplan and have Ebola Disease?
- What to expect when you take Implanon and have Unequal Limb Length?
- What to expect when you take Nisoldipine and Prednisolone
- What to expect when you take Paxil Cr and have Muscle Twitching?
- What to expect when you take Paxil Cr and have Muscle Fasciculation?
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Lorazepam, Trintellix, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Aspirin
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Zantac 300, Citalopram Hydrobromide
- Drug comparison of Amlodipine; Valsartan, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Bystolic for a 69 year old man
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Prozac, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Calcium, Vitamin D3, Breo Ellipta
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.