Zetia and Pain - from FDA reports
Pain is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Pain with Zetia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,261 people who have side effects when taking Zetia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 07, 2018
34,261 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia.
Among them, 1,592 people (4.65%) have Pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zetia when people have Pain *:
- < 1 month: 25.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 41.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.84 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.97 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.72 %
- 10+ years: 2.04 %
Gender of people who have Pain when taking Zetia *:
- female: 66.58 %
- male: 33.42 %
Age of people who have Pain when taking Zetia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.81 %
- 30-39: 3.55 %
- 40-49: 9.99 %
- 50-59: 22.48 %
- 60+: 63.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (102 people, 6.41%)
- Diabetes (93 people, 5.84%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (87 people, 5.46%)
- Depression (85 people, 5.34%)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (82 people, 5.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (379 people, 23.81%)
- Aspirin (322 people, 20.23%)
- Plavix (272 people, 17.09%)
- Crestor (239 people, 15.01%)
- Lasix (236 people, 14.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (436 people, 27.39%)
- Injury (361 people, 22.68%)
- Weakness (303 people, 19.03%)
- Joint Pain (284 people, 17.84%)
- Fatigue (272 people, 17.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pain when taking Zetia?
- Check symptoms - is pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPain and drugs with ingredients of ezetimibe.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePain and Zetia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 35,206 users)
Pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 494,245 Pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Zetiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PainPain
Could your condition cause PainPain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi I am going through a rough time and hoping to get some advice.. I've been on pain meds 12 years by same doctor, after 6 back surgerys My doctor put me on Suboxin because he feels may help with the pain, and the fact I've been on pain meds to long.. well I've been on the Suboxin 2 weeks and ...
User posts to the study
I have been taking zetia for quite some time and have recently developed neuropathy. I take it once a day and always on an empty stomach. I did not equate the prickling feeling at first with this medication, but after googling it, I discovered a correlation between the two. Can anyone here ...
I have used zolpiderm for many years but eventually stopped taking this medicine for an extended period. My sleep problems became significantly worse but a number of serious health issues became significantly better - including severe intermittent back pain in two places where I had suffered ...