Zetia and Pain - from FDA reports
Pain is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Pain with Zetia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,261 people who have side effects when taking Zetia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
34,261 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia.
Among them, 1,612 people (4.71%) have Pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zetia when people have Pain *:
- < 1 month: 28.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.85 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.1 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.56 %
- 10+ years: 1.92 %
Gender of people who have Pain when taking Zetia *:
- female: 66.8 %
- male: 33.2 %
Age of people who have Pain when taking Zetia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.8 %
- 30-39: 3.51 %
- 40-49: 10.04 %
- 50-59: 22.23 %
- 60+: 63.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 152 people, 9.43%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 102 people, 6.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 88 people, 5.46%
- Depression: 85 people, 5.27%
- Coronary Artery Bypass: 82 people, 5.09%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 379 people, 23.51%
- Aspirin: 322 people, 19.98%
- Plavix: 274 people, 17.00%
- Crestor: 239 people, 14.83%
- Lasix: 237 people, 14.70%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 436 people, 27.05%
- Injury: 361 people, 22.39%
- Weakness: 305 people, 18.92%
- Joint Pain: 286 people, 17.74%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 277 people, 17.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zetia and have Pain?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Pain
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 35,207 users)
Pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 494,255 Pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with PainPain (4,111 drugs)
Could your condition cause PainPain (4,810 conditions)
Zetia side effects
- Zetia side effects (34,273 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zetiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zetia and have Pain
- Support group for people who have Pain
- Support group for people who take Zetia
Can you answer these questions
- Which part of the back does Zetia cause pain
- Hi I am going through a rough time and hoping to get some advice.. I've been on pain meds 12 years by same doctor, after 6 back surgerys My doctor put me on Suboxin because he feels may help with the pain, and the fact I've been on pain meds to long.. well I've been on the Suboxin 2 weeks and...
- Do you have back pain after taking Seroquel long term?
- I just started Zetia and have been feeling anxious for the last few days. Does anyone else experience this? thanks
- What is the best pain reliever for cronic pancreatitis that a Dr. Can prescribe for home use
You may be interested in these posts
- I have had psoriasis for 35 years. A year ago I had a heart attack. After my heart attack I developed severe pustule psoriasis of the palms of my hands and soles of my feet, which I have never had before. I have tried all of the biological shots without relief. Am now on Remicade infusions with...
- Hi my name is Donna I'm 48 I'm hoping to get some advice on pain after 6 back surgerys
- I have been taking Seroquel for 8 years and I am having increased back pain.
- I have been taking zetia for quite some time and have recently developed neuropathy. I take it once a day and always on an empty stomach. I did not equate the prickling feeling at first with this medication, but after googling it, I discovered a correlation between the two. Can anyone here...
- I have used zolpiderm for many years but eventually stopped taking this medicine for an extended period. My sleep problems became significantly worse but a number of serious health issues became significantly better - including severe intermittent back pain in two places where I had suffered...
- Will you have Factor Viii Inhibition with Liver?
- Will you have Ra with Kemadrin?
- Will you have Arthritis - Rheumatoid with Kemadrin?
- Will you have Rheumatoid Arthritis with Kemadrin?
- Will you have Infection - Ear with Bee Pollen?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Liver and have Factor Viii Inhibition?
- Support group for people who take Kemadrin and have Ra?
- Support group for people who take Kemadrin and have Arthritis - Rheumatoid?
- Support group for people who take Kemadrin and have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Support group for people who take Bee Pollen and have Infection - Ear?
- What to expect when you take Liver and have Factor Viii Inhibition?
- What to expect when you take Kemadrin and have Ra?
- What to expect when you take Kemadrin and have Arthritis - Rheumatoid?
- What to expect when you take Kemadrin and have Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- What to expect when you take Bee Pollen and have Infection - Ear?
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Cosentyx
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Bactrim, Prednisone, Xanax, Lipitor, Valcyte, Coreg, Creon, Magnesium, Prograf, Dexilant
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Klonopin, Pregabalin, Endep
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Rifampin, Isoniazid, Ethambutol Hydrochloride
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Gilenya, Losartan, Sulfasalazine, Gabapentin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.