Zetia and Pain - from FDA reports
Pain is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,374 people who have side effects when taking Zetia from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
37,374 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia.
Among them, 1,731 people (4.63%) have Pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zetia when people have Pain *:
- < 1 month: 25.49 %
- 1 - 6 months: 41.83 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.58 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.03 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.61 %
- 10+ years: 1.96 %
Gender of people who have Pain when taking Zetia *:
- female: 66.35 %
- male: 33.65 %
Age of people who have Pain when taking Zetia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 0.75 %
- 30-39: 3.29 %
- 40-49: 9.78 %
- 50-59: 22.78 %
- 60+: 63.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 163 people, 9.42%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 105 people, 6.07%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 90 people, 5.20%
- Depression: 88 people, 5.08%
- Coronary Artery Bypass: 82 people, 4.74%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor: 395 people, 22.82%
- Aspirin: 322 people, 18.60%
- Plavix: 283 people, 16.35%
- Crestor: 257 people, 14.85%
- Lasix: 241 people, 13.92%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 443 people, 25.59%
- Injury: 362 people, 20.91%
- Weakness: 315 people, 18.20%
- Joint Pain: 304 people, 17.56%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 303 people, 17.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pain while taking Zetia?
You are not alone:
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 38,321 users)
Pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 598,543 Pain patients).
Drugs that are associated with PainPain (4,107 drugs)
Could your condition cause PainPain (4,824 conditions)
Zetia side effects
- Zetia side effects (37,386 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zetiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine and Promethazine drug interaction - now
- Gravel Plant and Pataday drug interaction - now
- Will you have Ear Infection Staphylococcal with Exjade? - a second ago
- Will you have Electrocardiogram T Wave Abnormal with Meloxicam? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Thought Blocking with Silenor? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Vitamin D2, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Eliquis, Lasix, Ativan, Tramadol, Estrace, Paxil, Myrbetriq, Atenolol, Zyrtec Allergy, Simvastatin, Balsalazide Disodium, Dexlansoprazole, Cyanocobalaminum - an hour ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Keflex - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Otezla - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Vyvanse, Lexapro - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Zocor - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.