Zetia and Quality of life decreased - from FDA reports
Quality of life decreased is found among people who take Zetia, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Arteriogram. This review analyzes which people have Quality of life decreased with Zetia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,261 people who have side effects when taking Zetia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
34,261 people reported to have side effects when taking Zetia.
Among them, 24 people (0.07%) have Quality of life decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zetia when people have Quality of life decreased *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Quality of life decreased when taking Zetia *:
- female: 60.87 %
- male: 39.13 %
Age of people who have Quality of life decreased when taking Zetia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.88 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 23.53 %
- 60+: 64.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Arteriogram: 6 people, 25.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 8.33%
- Nutritional Support: 1 person, 4.17%
- Depression: 1 person, 4.17%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 1 person, 4.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 13 people, 54.17%
- Toprol-Xl: 10 people, 41.67%
- Coreg: 10 people, 41.67%
- Omeprazole: 9 people, 37.50%
- Diovan: 9 people, 37.50%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 17 people, 70.83%
- Pain: 16 people, 66.67%
- Injury: 16 people, 66.67%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 10 people, 41.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 41.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Zetia and have Quality of life decreased?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Quality of life decreased
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
Zetia has active ingredients of ezetimibe. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Zetia 35,207 users)
Quality of life decreased
Quality of life decreased has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, high blood cholesterol, paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria, osteoporosis (latest reports from 7,484 Quality of life decreased patients).
Drugs that are associated with Quality of life decreasedQuality of life decreased (1,288 drugs)
Could your condition cause Quality of life decreasedQuality of life decreased (1,014 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsQuality of life decreased and drugs with ingredients of ezetimibe.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeQuality of life decreased and Zetia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zetia side effects
- Zetia side effects (34,273 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zetiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zetia and have Quality Of Life Decreased
- Support group for people who have Quality Of Life Decreased
- Support group for people who take Zetia
Can you answer these questions
- I just started Zetia and have been feeling anxious for the last few days. Does anyone else experience this? thanks
- Is there a proven connection with the medication zetia and kidney failure? I have been taking zetia for approximately 10 yrs and have been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease. If there is a connection, can this be reversed through discontinuing taking the medication?
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been taking zetia for quite some time and have recently developed neuropathy. I take it once a day and always on an empty stomach. I did not equate the prickling feeling at first with this medication, but after googling it, I discovered a correlation between the two. Can anyone here...
- had to stop taking Zetia after 1 week due to severe stomach pain and numbness and tingling in fingers on both hands. The stomach pain went away but the numbness and tingling are still present, It has been over one month. Really concerned, Does anyone know when the tingling will go away
- My husband has been taking generic zetia for 2 months.....he starting with his arms itching but tonight he is itchy all over his upper torso.....anybody else have this issue?
- Been on Zetia about 2 months, and always have either heartburn or a headache. Anyone else?
- I've been on a generic Zetia for 3 months now and have lost 15 lbs.. I do need to lose about 30 lbs. total. Should I be concerned? I feel fine and really have no side effects, other than the weight loss.
- Will you have Dental Caries with Rythmol Sr?
- Will you have Vaginal Candidiasis with Biotin?
- Will you have Sweating Increased with Acquired Hypogammaglobulinaemia?
- Xermelo and L-5 Htp drug interaction
- Will you have Cardio-Respiratory Arrest with Corgard?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Rythmol Sr and have Dental Caries?
- Support group for people who take Biotin and have Vaginal Candidiasis?
- Support group for people who have Acquired Hypogammaglobulinaemia and Sweating Increased?
- Support group for people who take Xermelo and L-5 Htp
- Support group for people who take Corgard and have Cardio-Respiratory Arrest?
- What to expect when you take Rythmol Sr and have Dental Caries?
- What to expect when you take Biotin and have Vaginal Candidiasis?
- What to expect when you have Acquired Hypogammaglobulinaemia and Sweating Increased?
- What to expect when you take Xermelo and L-5 Htp
- What to expect when you take Corgard and have Cardio-Respiratory Arrest?
- Drug comparison of Plaquenil, Metoprolol Succinate, Ramipril, Colcrys for a 74 year old man
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Ashwanga, Ativan
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Lopressor, Sertraline, Furosemide, Symbicort, Omeprazole, Crestor, Coumadin
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Tylenol
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Humira
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.