Zevalin and Cholestasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cholestasis is found among people who take Zevalin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zevalin and have Cholestasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,184 people who have side effects when taking Zevalin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,184 people reported to have side effects when taking Zevalin.
Among them, 19 people (0.87%) have Cholestasis.
What is Zevalin?
Zevalin has active ingredients of ibritumomab tiuxetan. eHealthMe is studying from 2,134 Zevalin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cholestasis?
Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum) is found to be associated with 1,850 drugs and 1,657 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zevalin and Cholestasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Zevalin when people have Cholestasis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cholestasis when taking Zevalin *:
- female: 41.18 %
- male: 58.82 %
Age of people who have Cholestasis when taking Zevalin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 82.35 %
- 60+: 17.65 %
Common drugs people take besides Zevalin *:
- Emend: 10 people, 52.63%
- Alkeran: 9 people, 47.37%
- Bicnu: 9 people, 47.37%
- Cytarabine: 9 people, 47.37%
- Etoposide: 8 people, 42.11%
- Heparin: 5 people, 26.32%
- Ambisome: 5 people, 26.32%
- Bactrim: 5 people, 26.32%
- Flagyl: 5 people, 26.32%
- Zovirax: 5 people, 26.32%
Common side effects people have besides Cholestasis *:
- Fever: 8 people, 42.11%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 6 people, 31.58%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 5 people, 26.32%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 26.32%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 5 people, 26.32%
- Lung Neoplasm (tumour of lung): 5 people, 26.32%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 26.32%
- Generalised Oedema (swelling all over the body): 5 people, 26.32%
- Febrile Bone Marrow Aplasia (bone marrow greatly decreases or stops production of blood cells): 5 people, 26.32%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 5 people, 26.32%
Common conditions people have *:
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 6 people, 31.58%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 21.05%
- Follicle Centre Lymphoma, Follicular Grade I, Ii, Iii Stage Iv: 3 people, 15.79%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 3 people, 15.79%
- Nodal Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma (a type of blood cancer occurs within the lymph nodes): 2 people, 10.53%
- Fever: 2 people, 10.53%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 5.26%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 1 person, 5.26%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 5.26%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zevalin and have Cholestasis?Check whether Cholestasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cholestasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibritumomab tiuxetan:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zevalin:
- Zevalin (2,134 reports)
Common Zevalin side effects:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 192 reports
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 106 reports
- Bone marrow failure: 130 reports
- Fever: 123 reports
- Meningitis tuberculous (a bacterial infection of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord (meninges)): 170 reports
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 141 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 252 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 372 reports
- White blood cell count decreased: 136 reports
Browse all side effects of Zevalin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cholestasis treatments and more:
- Cholestasis (19,762 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cholestasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cholestasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cholestasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis (1,850 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cholestasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis (1,657 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibritumomab tiuxetan (the active ingredients of Zevalin) and Zevalin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Excedrin and Spiriva drug interaction - now
- Inderal and Stereotypy - 5 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Injection Site Pruritus - 9 seconds ago
- Zelnorm and Folic Acid drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Testopel and Cerebral Haemorrhage - 12 seconds ago
- Flurbiprofen and Face Oedema - 14 seconds ago
- Ventavis and Urine Output - Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Dificid and Mirtazapine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Vitamin D2 and Escherichia Urinary Tract Infection - 28 seconds ago
- Apidra Solostar and Pruritus Aggravated - 32 seconds ago