Zide and Blood amylase increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 170,167 people who have side effects when taking Zide. Blood amylase increased is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Toprol-xl and have Hiv infection.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zide and have Blood amylase increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
170,167 people reported to have side effects when taking Zide.
Among them, 55 people (0.03%) have Blood amylase increased.
What is Zide?
Zide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 174,807 Zide users.
What is Blood amylase increased?
Blood amylase increased is found to be associated with 1,343 drugs and 815 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 5,365 people who have Blood amylase increased.
Number of Zide and Blood amylase increased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blood amylase increased when taking Zide *:
- female: 40.74 %
- male: 59.26 %
Age of people who have Blood amylase increased when taking Zide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 13.51 %
- 40-49: 8.11 %
- 50-59: 8.11 %
- 60+: 67.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Zide *:
- Advair Diskus 100/50: 9 people, 16.36%
- Lisinopril: 9 people, 16.36%
- Toprol-Xl: 9 people, 16.36%
- Albuterol: 8 people, 14.55%
- Amlodipine: 7 people, 12.73%
- Fluticasone Propionate: 7 people, 12.73%
- Retrovir: 7 people, 12.73%
- Simvastatin: 6 people, 10.91%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 10.91%
- Atenolol: 6 people, 10.91%
Common side effects people have besides Blood amylase increased *:
- Lipase Increased: 33 people, 60.00%
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased: 13 people, 23.64%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 9 people, 16.36%
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased: 8 people, 14.55%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 7 people, 12.73%
- Rashes (redness): 7 people, 12.73%
- Pancreatitis Acute (sudden inflammation of pancreas): 6 people, 10.91%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 6 people, 10.91%
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 6 people, 10.91%
- Liver Function Test Abnormal: 6 people, 10.91%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hiv Infection: 7 people, 12.73%
- Asthma: 6 people, 10.91%
- Breast Cancer Female: 4 people, 7.27%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 5.45%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 5.45%
- Pain: 1 person, 1.82%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 1.82%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 1.82%
- Pneumocystis Jiroveci Infection (fungal infection of the lungs): 1 person, 1.82%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 1 person, 1.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zide and have Blood amylase increased?Check whether Blood amylase increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Blood amylase increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zide:
- Zide (174,807 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zide:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Blood amylase increased treatments and more:
- Blood amylase increased (5,365 reports)
Common drugs associated with Blood amylase increased:
- Nexavar: 299 reports
- Zerit: 201 reports
- Lasix: 180 reports
- Videx: 177 reports
- Prednisone: 177 reports
- Stavudine: 169 reports
- Bactrim: 167 reports
- Lipitor: 164 reports
- Epivir: 150 reports
- Omeprazole: 144 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Blood amylase increased:
- Blood amylase increased (1,343 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Blood amylase increased:
- Hiv infection: 223 reports
- High blood pressure: 188 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma: 125 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 122 reports
- Preventive health care: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Blood amylase increased:
- Blood amylase increased (815 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydrochlorothiazide (the active ingredients of Zide) and Zide (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rituxan and Hepatitis B - a second ago
- Treprostinil and Joint Pain - 2 seconds ago
- Benzonatate and Lumigan drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Ofloxacin and Alprazolam drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Trelstar and Fluid Retention - 15 seconds ago
- Trelegy Ellipta and Diabetes - 20 seconds ago
- Treanda and Fever - 23 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Eye Discharge - 24 seconds ago
- Travatan and Fall - 28 seconds ago
- Bumex and Device Occlusion - 28 seconds ago