Zithromax and Unintended pregnancy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Unintended pregnancy is found among people who take Zithromax, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zithromax and have Unintended pregnancy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,024 people who have side effects when taking Zithromax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Zithromax.
Among them, 25 people (0.08%) have Unintended pregnancy.
What is Zithromax?
Zithromax has active ingredients of azithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 33,929 Zithromax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Unintended pregnancy?
Unintended pregnancy (unwanted pregnancies as well as those that are mistimed) is found to be associated with 699 drugs and 361 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zithromax and Unintended pregnancy reports submitted per year:
Time on Zithromax when people have Unintended pregnancy *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Zithromax *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Zithromax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 11.11 %
- 20-29: 55.56 %
- 30-39: 27.78 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Zithromax *:
- Claravis: 4 people, 16.00%
- Nuvaring: 2 people, 8.00%
- Vitamin C: 2 people, 8.00%
- Ventolin: 2 people, 8.00%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 8.00%
- Cipro: 2 people, 8.00%
- Plan B One-Step: 2 people, 8.00%
- Depo-Provera: 2 people, 8.00%
- Multivitamin: 2 people, 8.00%
- Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol: 1 person, 4.00%
Common side effects people have besides Unintended pregnancy *:
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 16.00%
- Abortion Spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage): 3 people, 12.00%
- Vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina): 2 people, 8.00%
- Menometrorrhagia (a condition in which prolonged or excessive uterine bleeding occurs irregularly and more frequently than normal): 2 people, 8.00%
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy): 2 people, 8.00%
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy: 2 people, 8.00%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 4.00%
- Fever: 1 person, 4.00%
- Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight): 1 person, 4.00%
- Complications Of Maternal Exposure To Therapeutic Drugs: 1 person, 4.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Birth Control: 7 people, 28.00%
- Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zithromax and have Unintended pregnancy?Check whether Unintended pregnancy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Unintended pregnancy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of azithromycin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zithromax:
- Zithromax (33,929 reports)
Common Zithromax side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 2,554 reports
- Pain: 2,304 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,003 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,907 reports
- Fever: 1,891 reports
Browse all side effects of Zithromax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Unintended pregnancy treatments and more:
- Unintended pregnancy (13,385 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Claravis: 3,255 reports
- Nexplanon: 2,367 reports
- Provera: 1,185 reports
- Ortho evra: 1,184 reports
- Depo-provera: 1,154 reports
- Nuvaring: 1,116 reports
- Implanon: 1,003 reports
- Norplant: 387 reports
- Ovral: 259 reports
- Lo/ovral: 253 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (699 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Unintended pregnancy:
All the conditions that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (361 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on azithromycin (the active ingredients of Zithromax) and Zithromax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cortisone Acetate vs. Celestone - now
- Doxycycline and Abdominal Pain Upper - 3 seconds ago
- Bipolar I Disorder in Klonopin, how severe and when it was recovered? - 17 seconds ago
- Carvedilol and Sotalol Hydrochloride drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Urticaria - 19 seconds ago
- Mobic and Tremor Aggravated - 25 seconds ago
- Dicyclomine Hydrochloride and Mirtazapine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Testicular Atrophy - 25 seconds ago
- Gaviscon and Gallstones - 28 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Hair Color Changes - 31 seconds ago