Zocor and Coronary heart disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Coronary heart disease is found among people who take Zocor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zocor and have Coronary heart disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,103 people who have side effects when taking Zocor from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
83,103 people reported to have side effects when taking Zocor.
Among them, 2,011 people (2.42%) have Coronary heart disease.
What is Zocor?
Zocor has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 85,019 Zocor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Coronary heart disease?
Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries) is found to be associated with 2,847 drugs and 2,092 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zocor and Coronary heart disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Zocor when people have Coronary heart disease *:
Gender of people who have Coronary heart disease when taking Zocor*:
Age of people who have Coronary heart disease when taking Zocor *:
Common drugs people take besides Zocor *:
Common side effects people have besides Coronary heart disease *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zocor and have Coronary heart disease?Check whether Coronary heart disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Coronary heart disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
- Coronary heart disease and drugs with ingredients of simvastatin (3,232 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zocor:
- Zocor (85,019 reports)
Common Zocor side effects:
- Weakness: 6,291 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,323 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,022 reports
- Pain: 4,856 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 4,750 reports
- Heart attack: 4,042 reports
- Chest pain: 4,001 reports
Browse all side effects of Zocor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Coronary heart disease treatments and more:
- Coronary heart disease (65,624 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Coronary heart disease:
- Coronary heart disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Coronary heart disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Coronary heart disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Coronary heart disease:
- Avandia: 11,978 reports
- Vioxx: 8,606 reports
- Aspirin: 5,911 reports
- Plavix: 3,444 reports
- Lipitor: 3,218 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,638 reports
- Lasix: 2,392 reports
- Metformin: 2,237 reports
- Avandamet: 2,082 reports
- Zocor: 2,011 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Coronary heart disease:
- Coronary heart disease (2,847 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Coronary heart disease:
- Diabetes: 9,914 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,486 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 2,032 reports
- Arthritis: 1,839 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,553 reports
- Pain: 1,535 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 1,517 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Coronary heart disease:
- Coronary heart disease (2,092 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Zocor) and Zocor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abilify and Cushingoid - 15 seconds ago
- Zinc Deficiency and drugs of ingredients of acetaminophen; propoxyphene napsylate - 18 seconds ago
- Truvada and Bronchitis Chronic - 46 seconds ago
- Yawning and drugs of ingredients of fexofenadine hydrochloride - 59 seconds ago
- Aleve and Penile Haemorrhage - a minute ago
- Renal Failure - Acute in Bactrim Ds, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Acute Kidney Failure in Bactrim Ds, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Vasotec and Tongue Blistering - a minute ago
- Enoxaparin Sodium and Blood Calcium Abnormal - a minute ago
- Humira and Parathyroid Tumor - a minute ago