Zocor and Pancreatolithiasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatolithiasis is reported only by a few people who take Zocor.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zocor and have Pancreatolithiasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,103 people who have side effects while taking Zocor from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
83,103 people reported to have side effects when taking Zocor.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Pancreatolithiasis.
What is Zocor?
Zocor has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 85,023 Zocor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatolithiasis?
Pancreatolithiasis (presence of calculi or stones in the pancreas or pancreatic duct) is found to be associated with 319 drugs and 145 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zocor and Pancreatolithiasis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pancreatolithiasis when taking Zocor *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Pancreatolithiasis when taking Zocor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Zocor *:
- Lantus: 3 people, 60.00%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Albuterol: 2 people, 40.00%
- Flonase: 2 people, 40.00%
- Flovent Hfa: 2 people, 40.00%
- Furosemide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Ultram: 2 people, 40.00%
- Glyburide: 2 people, 40.00%
- Celexa: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatolithiasis *:
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 3 people, 60.00%
- Choledocholithiasis (stones in the common bile duct): 2 people, 40.00%
- Lipase Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Blood Amylase Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Atrioventricular Block First Degree (heart block first degree): 1 person, 20.00%
- Azotaemia (excess of urea or other nitrogenous compounds in the blood): 1 person, 20.00%
- Biliary Dilatation: 1 person, 20.00%
- Biliary Tract Disorder: 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 40.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 20.00%
- Cardiorenal Syndrome (kidney failure and heart failure): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zocor and have Pancreatolithiasis?Check whether Pancreatolithiasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Pancreatolithiasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of simvastatin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zocor:
- Zocor (85,023 reports)
Common Zocor side effects:
- Weakness: 6,291 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5,323 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 5,022 reports
- Pain: 4,856 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 4,749 reports
- Heart attack: 4,042 reports
- Chest pain: 4,001 reports
Browse all side effects of Zocor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatolithiasis treatments and more:
- Pancreatolithiasis (430 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatolithiasis:
- Pancreatolithiasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatolithiasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatolithiasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatolithiasis:
- Pancreatolithiasis (319 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatolithiasis:
- Pancreatolithiasis (145 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on simvastatin (the active ingredients of Zocor) and Zocor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Concerta and Face Injury - 32 seconds ago
- Detrol La and Calcinosis - 54 seconds ago
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and drugs of ingredients of metoclopramide hydrochloride - a minute ago
- Ibuprofen and Appendicitis - a minute ago
- Paget'S Disease and Dry Mouth - a minute ago
- Paget'S Disease and Dry Eye Syndrome - a minute ago
- Heparin Lock Flush and Rotator Cuff Syndrome - a minute ago
- Gabitril and Breast Cancer Female - a minute ago
- Paget'S Disease and Gastric Ulcer - a minute ago
- Levaquin and Hepatitis C - a minute ago