Zofran and Sinus pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 89,438 people who have side effects when taking Zofran. Sinus pain is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Zofran odt and have Foetal exposure during pregnancy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zofran and have Sinus pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
89,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Zofran.
Among them, 17 people (0.02%) have Sinus pain.
What is Zofran?
Zofran has active ingredients of ondansetron hydrochloride. It is used in nausea. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 90,678 Zofran users.
What is Sinus pain?
Sinus pain is found to be associated with 673 drugs and 270 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 3,261 people who have Sinus pain.
Number of Zofran and Sinus pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Zofran when people have Sinus pain *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sinus pain when taking Zofran *:
- female: 86.67 %
- male: 13.33 %
Age of people who have Sinus pain when taking Zofran *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Zofran *:
- Zofran Odt: 4 people, 23.53%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 17.65%
- Synthroid: 3 people, 17.65%
- Metformin: 3 people, 17.65%
- Lexapro: 3 people, 17.65%
- Flonase: 3 people, 17.65%
- Dexamethasone: 2 people, 11.76%
- Percocet: 2 people, 11.76%
- Opsumit: 2 people, 11.76%
- Imodium: 2 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Sinus pain *:
- Headache (pain in head): 8 people, 47.06%
- Cough: 8 people, 47.06%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 7 people, 41.18%
- Breathing Difficulty: 7 people, 41.18%
- Joint Pain: 6 people, 35.29%
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 6 people, 35.29%
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 35.29%
- Chest Pain: 6 people, 35.29%
- Injury: 5 people, 29.41%
- Pain: 5 people, 29.41%
Common conditions people have *:
- Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect): 4 people, 23.53%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 2 people, 11.76%
- Vomiting In Pregnancy: 1 person, 5.88%
- Lung Carcinoma Cell Type Unspecified Stage 0 (the lung cancer has not spread beyond the inner lining of the lung): 1 person, 5.88%
- Blood Pressure Diastolic Abnormal: 1 person, 5.88%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 5.88%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 5.88%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 1 person, 5.88%
- Hereditary Angioedema (recurrent episodes of severe swelling): 1 person, 5.88%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zofran and have Sinus pain?Check whether Sinus pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Zofran side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Zofran side effects (90,678 reports)
Sinus pain treatments and more:
- Sinus pain (3,261 reports)
Common drugs associated with Sinus pain:
- Prednisone: 565 reports
- Advair hfa: 179 reports
- Methotrexate: 168 reports
- Spiriva: 149 reports
- Symbicort: 145 reports
- Metformin: 145 reports
- Xolair: 145 reports
- Singulair: 125 reports
- Breo ellipta: 118 reports
- Omnaris: 113 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Sinus pain:
- Sinus pain (673 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sinus pain:
All the conditions that are associated with Sinus pain:
- Sinus pain (270 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ondansetron hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zofran) and Zofran (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rythmol and Cough - 12 seconds ago
- Nph Insulin and Weight Decreased - 35 seconds ago
- Metolazone and Hypoaesthesia Oral - 36 seconds ago
- Levaquin and Blood Creatinine Decreased - 38 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Fungal Nail Infection - 40 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Menatetrenone drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Palladone and Tooth Disorder - 44 seconds ago
- Fentanyl Transdermal System and Nasacort drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Suboxone and Nubain drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Micafungin Sodium and Phenytoin drug interaction - 46 seconds ago