Zoladex and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Zoladex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Death with Zoladex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,125 people who have side effects when taking Zoladex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
8,125 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoladex.
Among them, 861 people (10.6%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zoladex when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 3.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20.19 %
- 2 - 5 years: 34.62 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.58 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Zoladex *:
- female: 6.6 %
- male: 93.4 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Zoladex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.29 %
- 20-29: 0.14 %
- 30-39: 1.28 %
- 40-49: 2.5700000000000003 %
- 50-59: 4.71 %
- 60+: 91.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 38 people, 4.41%
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 29 people, 3.37%
- Pain: 12 people, 1.39%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 11 people, 1.28%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 0.93%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 86 people, 9.99%
- Casodex: 71 people, 8.25%
- Aredia: 37 people, 4.30%
- Taxotere: 33 people, 3.83%
- Faslodex: 30 people, 3.48%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 66 people, 7.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 53 people, 6.16%
- Weakness: 49 people, 5.69%
- Pain: 49 people, 5.69%
- Fall: 46 people, 5.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Zoladex and have Death?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Death
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Zoladex has active ingredients of goserelin acetate. It is often used in prostate cancer. (latest outcomes from Zoladex 8,295 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,445 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,505 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeath and drugs with ingredients of goserelin acetate. (879 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeath and Zoladex from FDA and eHealthMe reports (861 reports)
Zoladex side effects
- Zoladex side effects (8,128 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zoladexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zoladex and have Death
- Support group for people who have Death
- Support group for people who take Zoladex
Can you answer these questions
- I am love to have donuts. Are you?
- My husband took one dose of Imbruvica and died of SCA the next day.
- My sister died on the same day of hyste... My sister died on the same day of hysterctomy i.e removal of uterus and she had got hepatitis. The doctor does the operation without investigating the hepatitis and she was just 32 years old. The doctor said that she died because of septicemia, which...
- My 89 year old mother was in good health. She increased her dose of neurontin from 100mg to 300 mg. shortly after the change in dosage she developed acute myeloid leukemia and died 13 days later.
You may be interested in these posts
- Zoladex Warning Hi everyone, I believe that it is my duty to warn everyone out there about the long term side effects of having Zoladex injections if you have been offered this particular drug. I was given injections of Zoladex directly into my stomach from 0ctober 1996 for two and a half...
- I have a loved on that died suddenly just a few days after an injection of Remicade. He was only 37 and had ulcerated colitis. He was found unresponsive on the floor in the morning and the paramedics could not revive him. We would like answers, as there is no clear cause of death. Has anyone...
- My wonderful husband dropped dead in front of me on 22nd June 2016 after taking a slidenafil. He had already had multiple cardiac arrests 4 years prior to this and had multiple blood disorders. I am trying to sue the NHS but its not going well and I can't give up because I KNOW this awful drug...
- I am 4 months post prostate surgery with follow up zoladex 3 months implant. I am wishing to add Cialis to my program. what side effect can I expect? what time frame can I expect before I get a response with Cialis to work.
- That same bad lady bought me a big bottle of purple drank - I bought it hoping to have death, or at least totally trip, but all it did was make my cold go totally away. I feel great now and I'm super pissed about it.
- Will you have Cholangitis Acute with Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma?
- Will you have Icterus Index Increased with Sudafed?
- Will you have Ear Canal Stenosis with Ketamine Hcl?
- Celexa and Bumelia Dulcifica drug interaction
- Will you have Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium with Tolterodine Tartrate?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma and Cholangitis Acute?
- Support group for people who take Sudafed and have Icterus Index Increased?
- Support group for people who take Ketamine Hcl and have Ear Canal Stenosis?
- Support group for people who take Celexa and Bumelia Dulcifica
- Support group for people who take Tolterodine Tartrate and have Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium?
- What to expect when you have Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma and Cholangitis Acute?
- What to expect when you take Sudafed and have Icterus Index Increased?
- What to expect when you take Ketamine Hcl and have Ear Canal Stenosis?
- What to expect when you take Celexa and Bumelia Dulcifica
- What to expect when you take Tolterodine Tartrate and have Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium?
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Metformin
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Effexor, Wellbutrin Sr
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Elavil, Amitiza, Inderal, Zomig, Cymbalta, Mepergan, Probiotics, Norco, Neurontin, Phenergan, Dodex
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Valtrex
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Aldactone, Yasmin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.