Zoloft and Gastric bypass - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 125,609 people who have side effects when taking Zoloft. Gastric bypass is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Xyrem and have Narcolepsy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zoloft and have Gastric bypass. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
125,609 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft.
Among them, 52 people (0.04%) have Gastric bypass.
What is Zoloft?
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is used in depression. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 136,096 Zoloft users.
What is Gastric bypass?
Gastric bypass is found to be associated with 679 drugs and 317 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 2,851 people who have Gastric bypass.
Number of Zoloft and Gastric bypass reports submitted per year:
Time on Zoloft when people have Gastric bypass *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastric bypass when taking Zoloft *:
- female: 92.16 %
- male: 7.84 %
Age of people who have Gastric bypass when taking Zoloft *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.89 %
- 30-39: 27.78 %
- 40-49: 27.78 %
- 50-59: 27.78 %
- 60+: 2.78 %
Common drugs people take besides Zoloft *:
- Xyrem: 15 people, 28.85%
- Nuvigil: 9 people, 17.31%
- Vitamin D3: 8 people, 15.38%
- Vitamin B12: 8 people, 15.38%
- Premarin: 8 people, 15.38%
- Topamax: 6 people, 11.54%
- Adderall: 6 people, 11.54%
- Norco: 6 people, 11.54%
- Zyrtec: 5 people, 9.62%
- Cymbalta: 5 people, 9.62%
Common side effects people have besides Gastric bypass *:
- Weight Decreased: 12 people, 23.08%
- Diarrhea: 9 people, 17.31%
- Influenza Like Illness: 8 people, 15.38%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8 people, 15.38%
- Weight Increased: 7 people, 13.46%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 7 people, 13.46%
- Abdominal Pain: 7 people, 13.46%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 6 people, 11.54%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 6 people, 11.54%
- Pain: 6 people, 11.54%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 15 people, 28.85%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 9 people, 17.31%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 7 people, 13.46%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 7.69%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 4 people, 7.69%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 3 people, 5.77%
- Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings): 3 people, 5.77%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 3.85%
- Pain: 2 people, 3.85%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 1.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zoloft and have Gastric bypass?Check whether Gastric bypass is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Izgi C, Erdem G, Mansuroglu D, Kurtoglu N, Kara M, Gunesdogdu F, "Severe hypokalemia probably associated with sertraline use", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2014 Jan .
Zoloft side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Zoloft side effects (136,096 reports)
Gastric bypass treatments and more:
- Gastric bypass (2,851 reports)
Common drugs associated with Gastric bypass:
- Avonex: 200 reports
- Cymbalta: 191 reports
- Xyrem: 156 reports
- Enbrel: 150 reports
- Humira: 125 reports
- Lyrica: 112 reports
- Tysabri: 101 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastric bypass:
- Gastric bypass (679 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastric bypass:
- Multiple sclerosis: 356 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 151 reports
- Narcolepsy: 147 reports
- Depression: 117 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastric bypass:
- Gastric bypass (317 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sertraline hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zoloft) and Zoloft (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amlodipine and Erycette drug interaction - now
- Clozapine and Swollen Tongue - 2 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride and Asthma Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Nulytely drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Mesalamine and Bicalutamide drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Vfend and Haldol drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Desmopressin Acetate and Stelara drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Rocephin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Kariva and Multivitamin drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Finasteride and Scrotal Pain - 20 seconds ago