Zoloft and Generalized anxiety disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Generalized anxiety disorder is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zoloft and have Generalized anxiety disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 122,114 people who have side effects when taking Zoloft from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
122,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft.
Among them, 223 people (0.18%) have Generalized anxiety disorder.
What is Zoloft?
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 132,354 Zoloft users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Generalized anxiety disorder?
Generalized anxiety disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry) is found to be associated with 1,797 drugs and 1,375 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zoloft and Generalized anxiety disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Zoloft when people have Generalized anxiety disorder *:
Gender of people who have Generalized anxiety disorder when taking Zoloft*:
Age of people who have Generalized anxiety disorder when taking Zoloft *:
Common drugs people take besides Zoloft *:
Common side effects people have besides Generalized anxiety disorder *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zoloft and have Generalized anxiety disorder?Check whether Generalized anxiety disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
- Izgi C, Erdem G, Mansuroglu D, Kurtoglu N, Kara M, Gunesdogdu F, "Severe hypokalemia probably associated with sertraline use", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Generalized anxiety disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zoloft:
- Zoloft (132,354 reports)
Common Zoloft side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 9,019 reports
- Depression: 8,834 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 8,501 reports
- Drug ineffective: 7,729 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 7,422 reports
- Pain: 7,095 reports
- Weakness: 6,527 reports
Browse all side effects of Zoloft:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Generalized anxiety disorder treatments and more:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (28,379 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Generalized anxiety disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Generalized anxiety disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Generalized anxiety disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Vioxx: 561 reports
- Fosamax: 471 reports
- Xanax: 327 reports
- Aspirin: 306 reports
- Prednisone: 246 reports
- Diazepam: 240 reports
- Zoloft: 223 reports
- Tylenol: 221 reports
- Oxycontin: 220 reports
- Seroquel: 220 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (1,797 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Depression: 487 reports
- Osteoporosis: 429 reports
- High blood pressure: 403 reports
- Pain: 399 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 374 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (1,375 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sertraline hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zoloft) and Zoloft (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atra and Drug Ineffective - 2 seconds ago
- Antivert and Tendonitis - 7 seconds ago
- Megestrol Acetate and Melaena - 11 seconds ago
- Cotellic and Hypoglycaemia Aggravated - 11 seconds ago
- Kaletra and Blood Lactic Acid Increased - 16 seconds ago
- Corgard and Nightmares - 20 seconds ago
- Propofol and Stribild drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Entresto and Autoimmune Hepatitis - 20 seconds ago
- Tinnitus in Pravastatin Sodium, how severe and when it was recovered? - 30 seconds ago
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension and Ulcerative Colitis - 31 seconds ago