Zoloft and Migraines - from FDA reports
Migraines is found among people who take Zoloft, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Migraines with Zoloft. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,764 people who have side effects when taking Zoloft from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 25, 2017
95,764 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft.
Among them, 980 people (1.02%) have Migraines
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zoloft when people have Migraines *:
- < 1 month: 12.31 %
- 1 - 6 months: 29.23 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.62 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.23 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.46 %
- 5 - 10 years: 23.08 %
- 10+ years: 3.08 %
Gender of people who have Migraines when taking Zoloft *:
- female: 85.49 %
- male: 14.51 %
Age of people who have Migraines when taking Zoloft *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.28 %
- 10-19: 5.88 %
- 20-29: 13.73 %
- 30-39: 20.31 %
- 40-49: 28.29 %
- 50-59: 19.47 %
- 60+: 12.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (109 people, 11.12%)
- Birth Control (58 people, 5.92%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (55 people, 5.61%)
- High Blood Pressure (52 people, 5.31%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (45 people, 4.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (110 people, 11.22%)
- Neurontin (92 people, 9.39%)
- Seroquel (82 people, 8.37%)
- Topamax (72 people, 7.35%)
- Synthroid (72 people, 7.35%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (232 people, 23.67%)
- Headache (206 people, 21.02%)
- Fatigue (186 people, 18.98%)
- Pain (168 people, 17.14%)
- Chest Pain (168 people, 17.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Migraines when taking Zoloft?
- Check symptoms - is migraines caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMigraines and drugs with ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMigraines and Zoloft from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 104,365 users)
Migraines has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, migraine, birth control, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 88,457 Migraines patients).
Browse all side effects of Zolofta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MigrainesMigraines
Could your condition cause MigrainesMigraines
What would happen?
Questions to the study
15 year old girl with high functioning ASD, ADD/EFD, and Anxiety. Recently moved. She has totally destabilized. Prior to moving she was honor roll student, now failing. Cannot concentrate, says head feels weird like a headache but not ... just really heavy. Neuro just before we left ...
I have been taking Sertaline for 20 years now. This week I was prescribed Levofloxacin for a Diverticulitis condition diagnosed on Monday. I chose not to take the Sertaline for the up to ten day stretch on this, new to me, medicine. I take Sertraline for an anxiety problem. I do not wish to add ...
User reviews to the study
I have been on Zoloft for about 6 weeks and I seem to be having slow urination (much worse at night) and the feeling like I am not emptying my bladder. I take Zoloft right before I go to sleep because it really makes it hard to orgasm and I am hoping that having taken it so long before sex that ...
OMG please help me, my daughter is 14 years old going on 15, she started with Zoloft 50 mg and increase to 150 mg, for one year now she has been having neck spasms and twitching I am lost for words telling her Neurologist about this and her psychiatrist, they keep saying it was nothing until now ...