Zoloft and Z-e syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 125,609 people who have side effects when taking Zoloft. Z-e syndrome is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take Norvasc and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zoloft and have Z-e syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
125,609 people reported to have side effects when taking Zoloft.
Among them, 22 people (0.02%) have Z-e syndrome.
What is Zoloft?
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is used in depression. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 136,075 Zoloft users.
What is Z-e syndrome?
Z-e syndrome (increased production of the hormone gastrin from a small tumour of pancreas) is found to be associated with 148 drugs and 173 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,239 people who have Z-e syndrome.
Number of Zoloft and Z-e syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Zoloft when people have Z-e syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Z-e syndrome when taking Zoloft *:
- female: 95.45 %
- male: 4.55 %
Age of people who have Z-e syndrome when taking Zoloft *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 92.31 %
Common drugs people take besides Zoloft *:
- Norvasc: 22 people, 100.00%
- Protonix: 17 people, 77.27%
- Questran: 17 people, 77.27%
- Lotrel: 17 people, 77.27%
- Vioxx: 17 people, 77.27%
- Miacalcin: 17 people, 77.27%
- Arestin: 17 people, 77.27%
- Hydrea: 17 people, 77.27%
- Lopressor: 17 people, 77.27%
- Sandostatin Lar: 17 people, 77.27%
Common side effects people have besides Z-e syndrome *:
- Weight Decreased: 17 people, 77.27%
- Periodontal Disease (disease that attacks the gum and bone and around the teeth): 17 people, 77.27%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 17 people, 77.27%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 17 people, 77.27%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 17 people, 77.27%
- Kidney Stones: 17 people, 77.27%
- Injury: 17 people, 77.27%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 17 people, 77.27%
- Head Injury: 17 people, 77.27%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 17 people, 77.27%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 22 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 17 people, 77.27%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 17 people, 77.27%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 18.18%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 1 person, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zoloft and have Z-e syndrome?Check whether Z-e syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Izgi C, Erdem G, Mansuroglu D, Kurtoglu N, Kara M, Gunesdogdu F, "Severe hypokalemia probably associated with sertraline use", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2014 Jan .
Zoloft side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Zoloft side effects (136,075 reports)
Z-e syndrome treatments and more:
- Z-e syndrome (1,239 reports)
All the drugs that are associated with Z-e syndrome:
- Z-e syndrome (148 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Z-e syndrome:
- Z-e syndrome (173 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sertraline hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zoloft) and Zoloft (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rebif and Numbness And Tingling - now
- Magnesium Citrate and Opdivo drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride and Blood Lactic Acid Increased - 6 seconds ago
- Selexipag and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 6 seconds ago
- Oxiconazole Nitrate and Metformin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Centrum and Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery - 20 seconds ago
- Levocarnitine and Zoloft drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Octreotide Acetate and Bone Disorder - 21 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Mouth Ulcers - 22 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Dutasteride drug interaction - 24 seconds ago