Zolpidem and Spinal compression fracture - from FDA reports
Spinal compression fracture is found among people who take Zolpidem, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Spinal compression fracture with Zolpidem. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,156 people who have side effects when taking Zolpidem from FDA , and is updated regularly.
43,156 people reported to have side effects when taking Zolpidem.
Among them, 73 people (0.17%) have Spinal compression fracture
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zolpidem when people have Spinal compression fracture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 85.71 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 14.29 %
Gender of people who have Spinal compression fracture when taking Zolpidem *:
- female: 47.89 %
- male: 52.11 %
Age of people who have Spinal compression fracture when taking Zolpidem *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.47 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 22.06 %
- 60+: 70.59 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 29 people, 39.73%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 10.96%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 7 people, 9.59%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 9.59%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 8.22%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 30 people, 41.10%
- Aredia: 28 people, 38.36%
- Furosemide: 25 people, 34.25%
- Prilosec: 23 people, 31.51%
- Flexeril: 23 people, 31.51%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 34 people, 46.58%
- Pain: 33 people, 45.21%
- Weakness: 30 people, 41.10%
- Bone Disorder: 30 people, 41.10%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 30 people, 41.10%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zolpidem and have Spinal compression fracture?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Spinal compression fracture
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Zolpidem has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Zolpidem 45,130 users)
Spinal compression fracture
Spinal compression fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteopenia (latest reports from 6,997 Spinal compression fracture patients).
Drugs that are associated with Spinal compression fractureSpinal compression fracture (1,164 drugs)
Could your condition cause Spinal compression fractureSpinal compression fracture (656 conditions)
Zolpidem side effects
- Zolpidem side effects (43,173 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zolpidema b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zolpidem and have Spinal Compression Fracture
- Support group for people who have Spinal Compression Fracture
- Support group for people who take Zolpidem
You may be interested in these posts
- Which of these or is it the combination of both is making me so teary eyed and depressed? Too scared to just go off cold turkey as I am already going into a bad depression. First appointment I can get to see a new doc is in 2 weeks time. Anu suggestions? Desperate
- After every night of where I have taken zolpidem and had full 8 hrs I feel nauseated and/or vomit
- My name is Karen and I have been zolpidem since June. I was diagnosed with fatty liver a couple of months ago. My doctor never mentioned any connection between zolpidem and fatty liver.
- I am having slow heart rate 51-62. My age is 71. I am insomniac and take 2.5 mg of zolpidem everynight.Can anyone suggest a way out?
- I have been under a lot of stress the last couple of years as I am self employed working on contract in the Middle East. Not stable contracts. Contracts pulled at the last moment. If your a boss there of what ever nationality you have the 'whip hand'. Lower wages. For 2 months I have had anxiety...
- Will you have Night Sweats with Augmentin '250'?
- Will you have Auricular Swelling with Methotrexate?
- Will you have Chorioretinitis with Magnesium?
- Will you have Depersonalisation with Levaquin?
- Will you have Ulcer - Peptic with Cholestyramine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Augmentin '250' and have Night Sweats?
- Support group for people who take Methotrexate and have Auricular Swelling?
- Support group for people who take Magnesium and have Chorioretinitis?
- Support group for people who take Levaquin and have Depersonalisation?
- Support group for people who take Cholestyramine and have Ulcer - Peptic?
- What to expect when you take Augmentin '250' and have Night Sweats?
- What to expect when you take Methotrexate and have Auricular Swelling?
- What to expect when you take Magnesium and have Chorioretinitis?
- What to expect when you take Levaquin and have Depersonalisation?
- What to expect when you take Cholestyramine and have Ulcer - Peptic?
Care Guides wanted
- Care Guide for people who take Augmentin '250' and have Night Sweats
- Care Guide for people who take Methotrexate and have Auricular Swelling
- Care Guide for people who take Magnesium and have Chorioretinitis
- Care Guide for people who take Levaquin and have Depersonalisation
- Care Guide for people who take Cholestyramine and have Ulcer - Peptic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.