Zolpidem and Stiff person syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Stiff person syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Zolpidem.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zolpidem and have Stiff person syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 80,705 people who have side effects while taking Zolpidem from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
80,705 people reported to have side effects when taking Zolpidem.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Stiff person syndrome.
What is Zolpidem?
Zolpidem has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 82,927 Zolpidem users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Stiff person syndrome?
Stiff person syndrome is found to be associated with 169 drugs and 83 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zolpidem and Stiff person syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Zolpidem when people have Stiff person syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Stiff person syndrome when taking Zolpidem *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Stiff person syndrome when taking Zolpidem *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Zolpidem *:
- Akineton: 2 people, 40.00%
- Sertraline Hydrochloride: 2 people, 40.00%
- Clozapine: 2 people, 40.00%
- Risperidone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cymbalta: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 40.00%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 20.00%
- Benlysta: 1 person, 20.00%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 20.00%
- Dexedrine: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Stiff person syndrome *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 3 people, 60.00%
- Parkinson's Disease: 2 people, 40.00%
- Myoclonus (a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles): 2 people, 40.00%
- Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow: 2 people, 40.00%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 20.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 20.00%
- Feeling Of Relaxation: 1 person, 20.00%
- Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 2 people, 40.00%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 20.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 20.00%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 20.00%
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry): 1 person, 20.00%
- Drowsiness: 1 person, 20.00%
- Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zolpidem and have Stiff person syndrome?Check whether Stiff person syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hsu FG, Sheu MJ, Lin CL, Hsieh YW, Lai SW, "Use of Zolpidem and Risk of Acute Pyelonephritis in Women: A Population‐Based Case‐Control Study in Taiwan", The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2017 Mar .
- Lin SC, Su YC, Huang YS, Lee CC, "Zolpidem increased cancer risk in patients with sleep disorder: A 3-year follow-up study", Journal of Medical Sciences, 2016 Mar .
- Sun Y, Lin CC, Lu CJ, Hsu CY, Kao CH, "Association between zolpidem and suicide: a nationwide population-based case-control study", InMayo Clinic Proceedings, 2016 Mar .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Zolpidem use associated with increased risk of pyogenic liver abscess: a case-control study in Taiwan", Medicine, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Stiff person syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of zolpidem tartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zolpidem:
- Zolpidem (82,927 reports)
Common Zolpidem side effects:
Browse all side effects of Zolpidem:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Stiff person syndrome treatments and more:
- Stiff person syndrome (717 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Stiff person syndrome:
- Stiff person syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Stiff person syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Stiff person syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Stiff person syndrome:
- Stiff person syndrome (169 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Stiff person syndrome:
- Stiff person syndrome (83 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on zolpidem tartrate (the active ingredients of Zolpidem) and Zolpidem (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cephalexin and Drug Exposure Before Pregnancy - 10 seconds ago
- Caffeine and Appetite - Decreased - 14 seconds ago
- Caffeine and Appetite Decreased - 14 seconds ago
- Contrave vs. Furosemide - 17 seconds ago
- Remodulin and Arrhythmias - 22 seconds ago
- Retavase and Versed drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Azithromycin and May-Thurner Syndrome - 27 seconds ago
- Trichlormethiazide and Enlarged Prostate - 34 seconds ago
- Acarodermatitis and Stools - Watery - 35 seconds ago
- Acarodermatitis and Diarrhea - 36 seconds ago