Zometa and Pleural fluid - from FDA reports
Pleural fluid is found among people who take Zometa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aredia, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Pleural fluid with Zometa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,633 people who have side effects when taking Zometa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 31, 2017
53,633 people reported to have side effects when taking Zometa.
Among them, 2,766 people (5.16%) have Pleural fluid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zometa when people have Pleural fluid *:
- < 1 month: 5.84 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.13 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.34 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 43.21 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.34 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Zometa *:
- female: 65.45 %
- male: 34.55 %
Age of people who have Pleural fluid when taking Zometa *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.19 %
- 10-19: 0.66 %
- 20-29: 0.47 %
- 30-39: 2.59 %
- 40-49: 14.15 %
- 50-59: 35.47 %
- 60+: 46.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (555 people, 20.07%)
- Osteoporosis (177 people, 6.40%)
- Pain (171 people, 6.18%)
- High Blood Pressure (142 people, 5.13%)
- Depression (140 people, 5.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aredia (1,393 people, 50.36%)
- Lasix (684 people, 24.73%)
- Ambien (592 people, 21.40%)
- Oxycontin (588 people, 21.26%)
- Decadron (580 people, 20.97%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (2,024 people, 73.17%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (1,980 people, 71.58%)
- Stress And Anxiety (1,743 people, 63.02%)
- Breathing Difficulty (1,463 people, 52.89%)
- Atelectasis (1,302 people, 47.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pleural fluid when taking Zometa?
- Check symptoms - is pleural fluid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPleural fluid and drugs with ingredients of zoledronic acid.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePleural fluid and Zometa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zometa has active ingredients of zoledronic acid. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Zometa 53,931 users)
Pleural fluid has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic myeloid leukaemia, multiple myeloma, pain (latest reports from 50,017 Pleural fluid patients).
Browse all side effects of Zometaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Pleural fluidPleural fluid
Could your condition cause Pleural fluidPleural fluid
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi. I was just diagnosed with SLE between chemo and radiation and have now started on Zometa for the next 5 years. Found this group and thought it might help me understand the side effects and how it affects SLE.
33 male, Toronto Canada Started taking amlodipine 8 months ago along with Chlorthalidone to treat high blood pressure. Dosage was upped 3 months ago from 1 pill to 1 1/2 pills daily (7.5mg) 2 months later diagnosed with "viral" pleurisy, unable to nail down why fluid is collecting under my ...
I am 49 year old female with Smoldering Multiple Myeloma I have one lesion and M-spike is 1.9 but no other signs of activity. My doctor decided to start me on Zometa every 3 months. After my second dose I noticed a small rash on my forehead but did not link the two together at the time. Then ...
I have had several flair ups of gout in my toes, fingers and lately my elbows. Blood tests say that I do not have gout. I found some information that gout can be linked to plueral effusions. I have had fluid removed from my lungs several times. I cannot get my doctor to check for a ...