Zonegran and Thrombocytopenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 5,755 people who have side effects when taking Zonegran. Thrombocytopenia is found, especially among people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Keppra and have Convulsion.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zonegran and have Thrombocytopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,755 people reported to have side effects when taking Zonegran.
Among them, 59 people (1.03%) have Thrombocytopenia.
What is Zonegran?
Zonegran has active ingredients of zonisamide. It is used in epilepsy. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 6,088 Zonegran users.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 3,943 drugs and 4,724 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 269,174 people who have Thrombocytopenia.
Number of Zonegran and Thrombocytopenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Zonegran when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 29.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 47.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.76 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.88 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Zonegran *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Zonegran *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 7.41 %
- 10-19: 14.81 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 14.81 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 12.96 %
- 60+: 11.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Zonegran *:
- Keppra: 8 people, 13.56%
- Depakene: 6 people, 10.17%
- Vimpat: 5 people, 8.47%
- Lamictal: 4 people, 6.78%
- Tegretol: 4 people, 6.78%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 5.08%
- Pravachol: 3 people, 5.08%
- Phenergan: 3 people, 5.08%
- Risperdal Consta: 3 people, 5.08%
- Oxycontin: 3 people, 5.08%
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocytopenia *:
- Fever: 14 people, 23.73%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 9 people, 15.25%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 6 people, 10.17%
- Abdominal Pain: 5 people, 8.47%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 4 people, 6.78%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 6.78%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 4 people, 6.78%
- Kidney Stones: 4 people, 6.78%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 5.08%
- Hypovolaemia (a decreased volume of circulating blood in the body): 3 people, 5.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 8 people, 13.56%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 6.78%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 5.08%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 5.08%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 3 people, 5.08%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 5.08%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 3 people, 5.08%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 2 people, 3.39%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 1.69%
- Brain Neoplasm Malignant (brain cancer tumour): 1 person, 1.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zonegran and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
Zonegran side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Zonegran side effects (6,088 reports)
Thrombocytopenia treatments and more:
- Thrombocytopenia (269,174 reports)
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Revlimid: 14,033 reports
- Prednisone: 12,592 reports
- Aspirin: 11,527 reports
- Dexamethasone: 10,093 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,104 reports
- Carboplatin: 9,097 reports
- Methotrexate: 9,000 reports
- Omeprazole: 8,168 reports
- Allopurinol: 8,019 reports
- Lopurin: 8,013 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (3,943 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Multiple myeloma: 21,573 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,211 reports
- Ovarian cancer: 7,159 reports
- Pain: 5,887 reports
- Hepatitis c: 5,635 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,401 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,724 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on zonisamide (the active ingredients of Zonegran) and Zonegran (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Promethazine and Ivermectin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Travatan and Skin Exfoliation - 21 seconds ago
- Nexium and Miralax drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Potassium and Myalgia Aggravated - 52 seconds ago
- Nexium and Cefuroxime drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pindolol and Celebrex drug interaction - a minute ago
- Zofran and Heart Palpitations - a minute ago
- Azithromycin and Xolair drug interaction - a minute ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Zoledronic drug interaction - a minute ago
- Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium and Roflumilast drug interaction - a minute ago