Zovirax and Gastric ulcer - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastric ulcer is found among people who take Zovirax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zovirax and have Gastric ulcer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,900 people who have side effects when taking Zovirax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,900 people reported to have side effects when taking Zovirax.
Among them, 46 people (0.52%) have Gastric ulcer.
What is Zovirax?
Zovirax has active ingredients of acyclovir sodium. It is often used in genital herpes. eHealthMe is studying from 9,024 Zovirax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastric ulcer?
Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer) is found to be associated with 3,367 drugs and 3,182 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zovirax and Gastric ulcer reports submitted per year:
Time on Zovirax when people have Gastric ulcer *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Zovirax *:
- female: 69.57 %
- male: 30.43 %
Age of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Zovirax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.76 %
- 10-19: 9.52 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.38 %
- 40-49: 2.38 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 45.24 %
Common drugs people take besides Zovirax *:
- Prilosec: 24 people, 52.17%
- Zometa: 24 people, 52.17%
- Aredia: 24 people, 52.17%
- Neurontin: 23 people, 50.00%
- Ambien: 23 people, 50.00%
- Prevacid: 20 people, 43.48%
- Xanax: 20 people, 43.48%
- Percocet: 19 people, 41.30%
- Diflucan: 17 people, 36.96%
- Lisinopril: 16 people, 34.78%
Common side effects people have besides Gastric ulcer *:
- Pain In Jaw: 24 people, 52.17%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 24 people, 52.17%
- Joint Pain: 23 people, 50.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 23 people, 50.00%
- Pain: 21 people, 45.65%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 21 people, 45.65%
- Depression: 21 people, 45.65%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 19 people, 41.30%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 19 people, 41.30%
- Weakness: 18 people, 39.13%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 9 people, 19.57%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 6.52%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 4.35%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 2.17%
- Herpes Virus Infection: 1 person, 2.17%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 1 person, 2.17%
- Basal Cell Carcinoma (a skin cancer, it rarely metastasizes or kills): 1 person, 2.17%
- Bone Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 2.17%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 1 person, 2.17%
- Breast Cancer Female: 1 person, 2.17%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zovirax and have Gastric ulcer?Check whether Gastric ulcer is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastric ulcer and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acyclovir sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zovirax:
- Zovirax (9,024 reports)
Common Zovirax side effects:
- Fever: 849 reports
- Diarrhea: 570 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 512 reports
- Rashes (redness): 490 reports
- Weakness: 488 reports
- Pain: 468 reports
Browse all side effects of Zovirax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastric ulcer treatments and more:
- Gastric ulcer (101,367 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastric ulcer in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastric ulcer in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Aspirin: 4,038 reports
- Prednisone: 3,642 reports
- Vioxx: 3,298 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,164 reports
- Humira: 2,918 reports
- Profen: 2,675 reports
- Ibu: 2,635 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,631 reports
- Fosamax: 2,271 reports
- Enbrel: 2,060 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer (3,367 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,217 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,662 reports
- Pain: 2,605 reports
- Osteoporosis: 2,018 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,396 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer (3,182 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acyclovir sodium (the active ingredients of Zovirax) and Zovirax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tarceva and Colon Cancer - now
- Zoladex and Pain - 6 seconds ago
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia Recurrent and Vasculitis - 9 seconds ago
- Etodolac and Effexor Xr drug interaction - a minute ago
- Oedema and Lymphopenia - a minute ago
- Norlutate and Depression - a minute ago
- Atenolol and Drug Toxicity - 2 minutes ago
- Univasc and Appendicitis - 2 minutes ago
- Divalproex and Hepatic Cirrhosis - 2 minutes ago
- Amoxicillin and Tinnitus - 3 minutes ago