Zymar and Drug hypersensitivity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug hypersensitivity is found among people who take Zymar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zymar and have Drug hypersensitivity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 653 people who have side effects when taking Zymar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
653 people reported to have side effects when taking Zymar.
Among them, 8 people (1.23%) have Drug hypersensitivity.
What is Zymar?
Zymar has active ingredients of gatifloxacin. eHealthMe is studying from 657 Zymar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Drug hypersensitivity?
Drug hypersensitivity is found to be associated with 2,727 drugs and 2,196 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zymar and Drug hypersensitivity reports submitted per year:
Time on Zymar when people have Drug hypersensitivity *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drug hypersensitivity when taking Zymar *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Drug hypersensitivity when taking Zymar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Zymar *:
- Prevacid: 3 people, 37.50%
- Zometa: 2 people, 25.00%
- Percocet: 2 people, 25.00%
- Neurontin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Multivitamin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Ms Contin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Zofran: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lidoderm: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lidocaine: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lactulose: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Drug hypersensitivity *:
- Constipation: 3 people, 37.50%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 25.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 25.00%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 25.00%
- Endometrial Cancer: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 2 people, 25.00%
- Fall: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 25.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer: 2 people, 25.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 2 people, 25.00%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 1 person, 12.50%
- Intra-Ocular Injection: 1 person, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 12.50%
- Functional Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problem in separate organs of gastrointestinal system): 1 person, 12.50%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 12.50%
- Asthma: 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zymar and have Drug hypersensitivity?Check whether Drug hypersensitivity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Drug hypersensitivity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gatifloxacin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zymar:
- Zymar (657 reports)
Drug hypersensitivity treatments and more:
- Drug hypersensitivity (181,231 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Drug hypersensitivity:
- Drug hypersensitivity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Drug hypersensitivity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Drug hypersensitivity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Drug hypersensitivity:
All the drugs that are associated with Drug hypersensitivity:
- Drug hypersensitivity (2,727 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Drug hypersensitivity:
All the conditions that are associated with Drug hypersensitivity:
- Drug hypersensitivity (2,196 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gatifloxacin (the active ingredients of Zymar) and Zymar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Excedrin and Spiriva drug interaction - now
- Inderal and Stereotypy - 5 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Injection Site Pruritus - 9 seconds ago
- Zelnorm and Folic Acid drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Testopel and Cerebral Haemorrhage - 12 seconds ago
- Flurbiprofen and Face Oedema - 14 seconds ago
- Ventavis and Urine Output - Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Dificid and Mirtazapine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Vitamin D2 and Escherichia Urinary Tract Infection - 28 seconds ago
- Apidra Solostar and Pruritus Aggravated - 32 seconds ago