Zyprexa and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Schizophrenia. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,618 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
55,618 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 60 people (0.11%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyprexa when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 61.54 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 58.62 %
- male: 41.38 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 9 people, 15.00%
- Pain: 8 people, 13.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 10.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 5 people, 8.33%
- Psychotic Disorder: 5 people, 8.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Abilify: 10 people, 16.67%
- Depakote: 10 people, 16.67%
- Seroquel: 8 people, 13.33%
- Xanax: 8 people, 13.33%
- Norflex: 6 people, 10.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 10 people, 16.67%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 9 people, 15.00%
- Suicidal Ideation: 8 people, 13.33%
- Homicidal Ideation (thoughts about human killing another human): 8 people, 13.33%
- Rashes (redness): 7 people, 11.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acute psychosis while taking Zyprexa?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute psychosis
- Subscribe to monitor Acute psychosis in Zyprexa
You are not alone:
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 56,805 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, parkinson's disease, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 2,531 Acute psychosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (651 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (382 conditions)
Zyprexa side effects
- Zyprexa side effects (55,627 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zyprexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ogłodek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium and Ceftriaxone drug interaction - now
- What to expect when you take Vyvanse and have Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome? - now
- Will you have Mydriasis with Lovenox? - a second ago
- Colloidal Silver and Xi Sheng Teng drug interaction - a second ago
- Darvocet-N 100 and Megace drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 21 year old man who takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro - 40 minutes ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Bisoprolol Fumarate, Farxiga, Lipitor, Lansoprazole, Repaglinide, Levemir, Irbesartan, Glucophage Xr, Aspirin, Victoza - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Tri-estarylla - 56 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Famotidine - an hour ago
- Prediction of Dulera, Cabergoline, Iron Edta, Allegra Allergy for a 29 year old woman - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.