Zyprexa and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Zyprexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,356 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 28, 2017
53,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 58 people (0.11%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyprexa when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 61.54 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 58.93 %
- male: 41.07 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8 %
- 20-29: 22 %
- 30-39: 12 %
- 40-49: 36 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (8 people, 13.79%)
- Pain (8 people, 13.79%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 10.34%)
- Psychotic Disorder (5 people, 8.62%)
- Agitation (5 people, 8.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote (10 people, 17.24%)
- Abilify (9 people, 15.52%)
- Xanax (8 people, 13.79%)
- Seroquel (8 people, 13.79%)
- Norflex (6 people, 10.34%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agitation (10 people, 17.24%)
- Tremor (9 people, 15.52%)
- Suicidal Ideation (8 people, 13.79%)
- Homicidal Ideation (8 people, 13.79%)
- Rashes (7 people, 12.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa?
- Check symptoms - is acute psychosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcute psychosis and drugs with ingredients of olanzapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcute psychosis and Zyprexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 54,541 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyprexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ogłodek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
Zyprexa is POISON! Ive seen young girls suffer with tardive dyskinesia cushings syndrome insomnia inability to function normally physically. High blood pressure Prediabetes hypotension swelling of the face huge breast enlargement- beyond acceptable standards in weight gain- Causes ruminating ...
Hello I a 69 years of age female and take 5mg when of olanzapine 2 years ago I had septic shock and nearly died whilst on holiday in Benidorm I was critically ill I researched this drug 5 weeks ago My doctor does not believe me when I told him it was caused by Olanzapine whilst on ...