Zyprexa and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Zyprexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,356 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
53,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 58 people (0.11%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyprexa when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 61.54 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 58.93 %
- male: 41.07 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8 %
- 20-29: 22 %
- 30-39: 12 %
- 40-49: 36 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 8 people, 13.79%
- Pain: 8 people, 13.79%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 10.34%
- Psychotic Disorder: 5 people, 8.62%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 5 people, 8.62%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote: 10 people, 17.24%
- Abilify: 9 people, 15.52%
- Xanax: 8 people, 13.79%
- Seroquel: 8 people, 13.79%
- Norflex: 6 people, 10.34%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 10 people, 17.24%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 9 people, 15.52%
- Suicidal Ideation: 8 people, 13.79%
- Homicidal Ideation (thoughts about human killing another human): 8 people, 13.79%
- Rashes (redness): 7 people, 12.07%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Zyprexa and have Acute psychosis?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute psychosis
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 54,543 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (646 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (381 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcute psychosis and drugs with ingredients of olanzapine. (104 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcute psychosis and Zyprexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyprexa side effects
- Zyprexa side effects (53,365 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zyprexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ogłodek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who take Zyprexa
Can you answer these questions
- hello i tested positif on the elispot test for borrelia and i am taking for almost one year zyprexa, what shall i do to heal?
You may be interested in these posts
- I am a 48-old woman. I began taking Lithium 28 years ago. After hospitalization at age 21, I was diagnosed with PTSD and taken off Lithium and given Imipramine. I took imipramine for 5 years and began having manic symptoms. I took Depakote for several years then discontinued and began taking...
- ADHD, recent diagnosis of BIpolar disorder. No medication other than coffee. Fluconazole and coffee definitely feels like it has psychoactive impact. Never felt like this before. No other changes to diet or routine. Lots of headaches. Definitely feels like it’s impacted my mood.
- I had an acute psychotic episode after having lidocaine injected through my urethra into my bladder and having taken Norco an hour earlier for a procedure on my prostate. I was in terror and we had to ckinto ER - we did not do the procedure. Has anyone had similar reaction and is there a way to...
- Hello, I´m Anna from Czech republic. I have these eye twitch about 10 years and it is very difficult, when I am walking on the street and barely can´t see... Do you have some tricks? What to do? I could tell something that helps me :-) I ´m really happy that there are some people with...
- Just started zyprexa5mg. Along with monthly injections of invega sust. NEED INFO ON COMPATIBILITY AND WILL THIS COMBO HELP ME WITH VOICES AND HALLUCINATIONS. THANKS😀
- Will you have Mental Retardation with Marijuana?
- Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Xanax drug interaction
- Will you have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease with Valtrex?
- Will you have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease with Valtrex?
- Will you have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease with Valtrex?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Marijuana and have Mental Retardation?
- Support group for people who take Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Xanax
- Support group for people who take Valtrex and have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Valtrex and have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Valtrex and have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Marijuana and have Mental Retardation?
- What to expect when you take Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Xanax
- What to expect when you take Valtrex and have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Valtrex and have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Valtrex and have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
- A study for a 35 year old man who takes Keppra
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Nature-throid, Vyvanse, Effexor Xr
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D2, Viibryd, Xanax, Levoxyl, Ambien, Losartan, Advair Diskus 250/50, B12, Norco, Ibuprofen, Relpax, Allegra D 24 Hour
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Pantoprazole
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Seroquel, Ativan, Lamictal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.