Zyprexa and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Zyprexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,356 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from FDA, and is updated regularly.
53,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 58 people (0.11%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyprexa when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 61.54 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 58.93 %
- male: 41.07 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8 %
- 20-29: 22 %
- 30-39: 12 %
- 40-49: 36 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 12 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 8 people, 13.79%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 8 people, 13.79%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 10.34%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 5 people, 8.62%
- Psychotic Disorder: 5 people, 8.62%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote: 10 people, 17.24%
- Abilify: 9 people, 15.52%
- Seroquel: 8 people, 13.79%
- Xanax: 8 people, 13.79%
- Norflex: 6 people, 10.34%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 10 people, 17.24%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 9 people, 15.52%
- Suicidal Ideation: 8 people, 13.79%
- Homicidal Ideation (thoughts about human killing another human): 8 people, 13.79%
- Rashes (redness): 7 people, 12.07%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Acute psychosis in Zyprexa
- Subscribe to monitor Zyprexa
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute psychosis
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 54,543 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (649 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (382 conditions)
Zyprexa side effects
- Zyprexa side effects (53,365 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zyprexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ogłodek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Zyprexa and have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who take Zyprexa
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been taking zyprexa for 5 years combined with another atypical antipsychotic, which I have taken for 9 years. I also have recently started welbutrin. My diagnosis is mood disorder with psychotic features.
- Been on drug for 3 weeks. Have bloated feeling.
- I hope by joining this group, I will find people who really understand what it's like to be on Zyprexa and maybe we can support and help each other.
- Is it safe to take zyprexa 5mg and champix 2mg /day. Is there weight gain with these 2 meds
- My 11 year old granddaughter took benadryl and her brain is "off the wall." She is hallucinating and is suffering from paranoia. Everything I read tho seems to rule the benadryl out because she is so young.
- Will you have Low Platelet Count with Manuka Honey?
- Will you have Muscular Weakness with Asbestosis?
- Will you have Muscle Weakness with Asbestosis?
- Will you have Muscle Fatigue with Asbestosis?
- Will you have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness with Asbestosis?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Manuka Honey and have Low Platelet Count?
- Support group for people who have Asbestosis and Muscular Weakness?
- Support group for people who have Asbestosis and Muscle Weakness?
- Support group for people who have Asbestosis and Muscle Fatigue?
- Support group for people who have Asbestosis and Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness?
- Hello My name is Beverly I took xarelto for 4 days now with vision issues: double vision and...
- I’m so upset no one told me I would lose my hair. Does it grow back when you get off Vesicare?
- I am a mum for ASD child 8 years and recently I try strattera for him and he developed aggression
- Hello, My name is Carla. I'm a 70-yr.old woman, who had open heart, double by-pass surgery in...
- Bala Krishnan - Age 53-india - having Gerd_Anxity_rls (Want to Know what Med can be fit for...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.