Zyprexa and Confusion - from FDA reports
Confusion is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Schizophrenia. This review analyzes which people have Confusion with Zyprexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,356 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 22, 2018
53,356 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 613 people (1.15%) have Confusion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyprexa when people have Confusion *:
- < 1 month: 54.31 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.28 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.9 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.9 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.31 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.59 %
- 10+ years: 1.72 %
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 51.07 %
- male: 48.93 %
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.37 %
- 10-19: 3.51 %
- 20-29: 7.95 %
- 30-39: 12.38 %
- 40-49: 15.16 %
- 50-59: 19.04 %
- 60+: 41.59 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (51 people, 8.32%)
- Psychotic Disorder (26 people, 4.24%)
- Insomnia (21 people, 3.43%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 2.94%)
- Stress And Anxiety (15 people, 2.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote (62 people, 10.11%)
- Ativan (46 people, 7.50%)
- Risperdal (37 people, 6.04%)
- Lorazepam (33 people, 5.38%)
- Neurontin (31 people, 5.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (140 people, 22.84%)
- Agitation (135 people, 22.02%)
- Fever (85 people, 13.87%)
- Delirium (76 people, 12.40%)
- Fatigue (75 people, 12.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Confusion when taking Zyprexa?
- Check symptoms - is confusion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConfusion and drugs with ingredients of olanzapine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConfusion and Zyprexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Zyprexa 54,541 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 46,238 Confusion patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyprexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConfusionConfusion
Could your condition cause ConfusionConfusion
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ogłodek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
- Crouse EL, Alastanos JN, Bozymski KM, Toscano RA, "Dysphagia with second-generation antipsychotics: A case report and review of the literature", Mental Health Clinician, 2017 Jan .
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My mother has had several infections this last year - celulitis, old leads causing infection around the heart from a pacemaker and recently pneumonia. Within a 4 day span she went from being totally lucid to having short term memory loss. We feel that Metoprolol, which she's taken for several ...
I am a 37 year old female who has been on 100mg Topamax bid for several years to treat bipolar disorder. This is paired with Effexor XR. I've always noticed some aphasia and short term memory difficulties, but lately it has worsened. I have driven in circles around blocks trying to remember ...
User posts to the study
Zyprexa is POISON! Ive seen young girls suffer with tardive dyskinesia cushings syndrome insomnia inability to function normally physically. High blood pressure Prediabetes hypotension swelling of the face huge breast enlargement- beyond acceptable standards in weight gain- Causes ruminating ...
Hello I a 69 years of age female and take 5mg when of olanzapine 2 years ago I had septic shock and nearly died whilst on holiday in Benidorm I was critically ill I researched this drug 5 weeks ago My doctor does not believe me when I told him it was caused by Olanzapine whilst on ...