Zyprexa and Ototoxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ototoxicity is reported only by a few people who take Zyprexa.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zyprexa and have Ototoxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,460 people who have side effects while taking Zyprexa from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
61,460 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 3 people (0.0%) have Ototoxicity.
What is Zyprexa?
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 61,530 Zyprexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ototoxicity?
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) is found to be associated with 598 drugs and 336 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zyprexa and Ototoxicity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Zyprexa *:
- Xanax: 1 person, 33.33%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 33.33%
- Risperdal: 1 person, 33.33%
- Heparin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 33.33%
- Gentamicin: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Ototoxicity *:
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 2 people, 66.67%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 1 person, 33.33%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 1 person, 33.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypoacusis (loss of hearing): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hearing Impaired: 1 person, 33.33%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 1 person, 33.33%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 1 person, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 33.33%
- Personality Disorder: 1 person, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 33.33%
- Delirium (wild excitement): 1 person, 33.33%
- Confusional State: 1 person, 33.33%
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection): 1 person, 33.33%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zyprexa and have Ototoxicity?Check whether Ototoxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Og?odek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
How severe was Ototoxicity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of olanzapine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zyprexa:
- Zyprexa (61,530 reports)
Common Zyprexa side effects:
Browse all side effects of Zyprexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ototoxicity treatments and more:
- Ototoxicity (1,631 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ototoxicity:
All the drugs that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (598 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (336 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on olanzapine (the active ingredients of Zyprexa) and Zyprexa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Doxycycline Hyclate and Pathogen Resistance - 4 seconds ago
- Luvox and Aripiprazole drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Sulfadiazine and Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of Skin - 10 seconds ago
- Lotemax and Copaxone drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Pletal and Peripheral Ischaemia - 30 seconds ago
- Vitamin B3 and Kidney Stones - 32 seconds ago
- Cotazym and Empyema - 34 seconds ago
- Cardizem Cd and Dissociation - 44 seconds ago
- Viekira Xr and Urination - Painful - 53 seconds ago
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Chills - 53 seconds ago