Zyprexa and Unintended pregnancy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Unintended pregnancy is found among people who take Zyprexa, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zyprexa and have Unintended pregnancy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,460 people who have side effects when taking Zyprexa from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
61,460 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyprexa.
Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Unintended pregnancy.
What is Zyprexa?
Zyprexa has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 62,744 Zyprexa users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Unintended pregnancy?
Unintended pregnancy (unwanted pregnancies as well as those that are mistimed) is found to be associated with 699 drugs and 361 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zyprexa and Unintended pregnancy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Zyprexa *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Zyprexa *:
- 0-1: 12.5 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 25.0 %
- 30-39: 50.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Zyprexa *:
- Prozac: 2 people, 22.22%
- Implanon: 2 people, 22.22%
- Ativan: 2 people, 22.22%
- Wellbutrin: 1 person, 11.11%
- Progesterone: 1 person, 11.11%
- Nuvaring: 1 person, 11.11%
- Lithium Carbonate: 1 person, 11.11%
- Lamictal: 1 person, 11.11%
- Anafranil: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Unintended pregnancy *:
- Pregnancy With Implant Contraceptive: 2 people, 22.22%
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy: 2 people, 22.22%
- Pregnancy With Contraceptive Device: 1 person, 11.11%
- Hip Dysplasia (abnormal formation of the hip socket): 1 person, 11.11%
- Complications Of Maternal Exposure To Therapeutic Drugs: 1 person, 11.11%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 11.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Birth Control: 2 people, 22.22%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zyprexa and have Unintended pregnancy?Check whether Unintended pregnancy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Gupta SK, Shwetank B, "Reversible bilateral sensori-neural hearing loss due to olanzapine in a male suffering from bipolar affective disorder", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Og?odek E, Szota A, Araszkiewicz A, "Olanzapine-induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome after 10 years of treatment", Aust NZJ Psychiatry, 2013 Oct .
How severe was Unintended pregnancy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of olanzapine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zyprexa:
- Zyprexa (62,744 reports)
Common Zyprexa side effects:
- Diabetes: 6,914 reports
- Weight increased: 5,992 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 3,024 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 2,884 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,770 reports
Browse all side effects of Zyprexa:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Unintended pregnancy treatments and more:
- Unintended pregnancy (13,385 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Claravis: 3,255 reports
- Nexplanon: 2,367 reports
- Provera: 1,185 reports
- Ortho evra: 1,184 reports
- Depo-provera: 1,154 reports
- Nuvaring: 1,116 reports
- Implanon: 1,003 reports
- Norplant: 387 reports
- Ovral: 259 reports
- Lo/ovral: 253 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (699 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Unintended pregnancy:
All the conditions that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (361 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on olanzapine (the active ingredients of Zyprexa) and Zyprexa (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dulcolax and Seasonique drug interaction - a second ago
- L-Tyrosine and Neck Pain - a second ago
- Mupirocin and Small Intestinal Obstruction - 5 seconds ago
- Rituxan and Acute Hepatic Failure - 5 seconds ago
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Spinal Osteoarthritis - 6 seconds ago
- Cefixime and Mobic drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Depo-Medrol and Vaginal Discharge - 24 seconds ago
- Enlarged Prostate in Phentermine, how severe and when it was recovered? - 25 seconds ago
- Felodipine and Fatigue - 26 seconds ago
- Gingivitis Aggravated and Abdominal Pain Upper - 26 seconds ago