Zyrtec and Depression - from FDA reports
Depression is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Hypersensitivity. This review analyzes which people have Depression with Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,166 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
52,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 1,833 people (3.51%) have Depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Depression *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.91 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.6 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.31 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.62 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.22 %
- 10+ years: 9.01 %
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 74.92 %
- male: 25.08 %
Age of people who have Depression when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.28 %
- 10-19: 7.41 %
- 20-29: 8.2 %
- 30-39: 13.68 %
- 40-49: 20.74 %
- 50-59: 26.59 %
- 60+: 21.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity (282 people, 15.38%)
- Pain (204 people, 11.13%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (181 people, 9.87%)
- Asthma (131 people, 7.15%)
- High Blood Pressure (116 people, 6.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (268 people, 14.62%)
- Prilosec (248 people, 13.53%)
- Nexium (221 people, 12.06%)
- Vioxx (220 people, 12.00%)
- Xanax (201 people, 10.97%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (743 people, 40.53%)
- Pain (477 people, 26.02%)
- Fatigue (407 people, 22.20%)
- Nausea (380 people, 20.73%)
- Insomnia (361 people, 19.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Depression when taking Zyrtec?
- Check symptoms - is depression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDepression and drugs with ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepression and Zyrtec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 56,018 users)
Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 392,574 Depression patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DepressionDepression
Could your condition cause DepressionDepression
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
I am an older (80) male who becomes very nervous when things are unusual re my health. My urine flow has decreased substantially since I just commenced taking Levofloxacin and also zyrtec. Any advice will be appreciated
Hello, my son is 6.5 years and on this growth hormone after a brain tumour and following cancer treatment. He's been taking the drug for a year now and he's become really badly behaved and is displaying signs of depression. Hoping for some help and advice please. Thanks
I'm depressed and have had thoughts of suicide. I feel alone and desperate for help. I've become a recluse and have a social phobia. I live in Florida, I'm female, married with a 14 YO daughter. I just hate life now.