Zyrtec and Drooling - from FDA reports
Drooling is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prevacid, and have Multiple allergies. This review analyzes which people have Drooling with Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,166 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
52,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 32 people (0.06%) have Drooling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Drooling *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drooling when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 68.75 %
- male: 31.25 %
Age of people who have Drooling when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 7.14 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.57 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10.71 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- The Flu (3 people, 9.38%)
- Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type (3 people, 9.38%)
- Multiple Allergies (3 people, 9.38%)
- Pain (2 people, 6.25%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prevacid (12 people, 37.50%)
- Prilosec (10 people, 31.25%)
- Monodox (9 people, 28.12%)
- Celebrex (9 people, 28.12%)
- Aciphex (9 people, 28.12%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (12 people, 37.50%)
- Stress And Anxiety (10 people, 31.25%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (10 people, 31.25%)
- Bell's Palsy (10 people, 31.25%)
- Burning Sensation (9 people, 28.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Drooling when taking Zyrtec?
- Check symptoms - is drooling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrooling and drugs with ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrooling and Zyrtec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 56,020 users)
Drooling (drop saliva uncontrollably from the mouth) has been reported by people with schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 4,011 Drooling patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DroolingDrooling
Could your condition cause DroolingDrooling
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi.need help..had two kids back to back..had some numbness at that time..doctors said probably due to kids..started xolair because asthe began getting uncontrollable and have bad rashes..it has helped asthma and rashes but my numbness and tingling are tingling awful..not counting since last shot ...
User reviews to the study
I am an older (80) male who becomes very nervous when things are unusual re my health. My urine flow has decreased substantially since I just commenced taking Levofloxacin and also zyrtec. Any advice will be appreciated
Hi, I have a 2 year old granddaughter who was born without a thyroid. She is on synthyroid since 5 days old. She has drooling even when not teething. I am trying to find how to help her as she will be on synthyroid the rest of her life TIA, Thelna