Zyrtec and Intussusception - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Intussusception is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 0-1 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Zyrtec and have Intussusception. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 94,387 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
94,387 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Intussusception.
What is Zyrtec?
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 99,109 Zyrtec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Intussusception?
Intussusception is found to be associated with 422 drugs and 243 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Zyrtec and Intussusception reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Intussusception *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Intussusception when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 72.73 %
- male: 27.27 %
Age of people who have Intussusception when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 36.36 %
- 2-9: 18.18 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Common drugs people take besides Zyrtec *:
- Augmentin: 5 people, 45.45%
- Valacyclovir: 4 people, 36.36%
- Macrobid: 4 people, 36.36%
- Fish Oil: 4 people, 36.36%
- Stelara: 4 people, 36.36%
- Benadryl: 4 people, 36.36%
- Ativan: 3 people, 27.27%
- Amoxicillin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 2 people, 18.18%
- Atenolol: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Intussusception *:
- Premature Baby: 4 people, 36.36%
- Haemangioma (noncancerous, abnormally dense collections of dilated small blood vessels that may occur in the skin or internal organs): 4 people, 36.36%
- Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect): 4 people, 36.36%
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (viral disease of respiratory system): 4 people, 36.36%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 18.18%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 18.18%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 2 people, 18.18%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 2 people, 18.18%
- Constipation: 2 people, 18.18%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 45.45%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 4 people, 36.36%
- Spondyloarthropathy (any joint disease of the vertebral column): 4 people, 36.36%
- Sleep Disorder: 4 people, 36.36%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 4 people, 36.36%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 4 people, 36.36%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 4 people, 36.36%
- Herpes Virus Infection: 4 people, 36.36%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 27.27%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Zyrtec and have Intussusception?Check whether Intussusception is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Intussusception and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Zyrtec:
- Zyrtec (99,109 reports)
Common Zyrtec side effects:
Browse all side effects of Zyrtec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Intussusception treatments and more:
- Intussusception (915 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Intussusception:
- Intussusception in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Intussusception in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Intussusception in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Intussusception:
- Intussusception (422 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Intussusception:
- Intussusception (243 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cetirizine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Zyrtec) and Zyrtec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Methylprednisolone and Abscess Fungal - 3 seconds ago
- Androgel and Metastatic Malignant Melanoma - 3 seconds ago
- Onychomadesis and drugs of ingredients of glyburide - 18 seconds ago
- Mycobacterium Avium Complex Infection and Pleurisy - 24 seconds ago
- Humalog and Benzonatate drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride and Azotaemia - 48 seconds ago
- Ondansetron and Infusion Site Bruising - 55 seconds ago
- Gemzar and Myocardial Ischaemia - a minute ago
- Lucentis and Dry Eyes Aggravated - a minute ago
- Augmentin and Grunting - a minute ago