Zyrtec and Iron deficiency anaemia - from FDA reports
Iron deficiency anaemia is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61,948 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
61,948 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 127 people (0.21%) have Iron deficiency anaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.08 %
- 10-19: 23.96 %
- 20-29: 3.12 %
- 30-39: 2.08 %
- 40-49: 9.38 %
- 50-59: 27.08 %
- 60+: 32.29 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 30 people, 23.62%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 29 people, 22.83%
- Diabetes: 29 people, 22.83%
- Breast Cancer: 28 people, 22.05%
- High Blood Pressure: 25 people, 19.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 32 people, 25.20%
- Zometa: 31 people, 24.41%
- Vicodin: 31 people, 24.41%
- Lasix: 30 people, 23.62%
- Ibuprofen: 29 people, 22.83%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 47 people, 37.01%
- Pain: 44 people, 34.65%
- Back Pain: 43 people, 33.86%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 42 people, 33.07%
- Constipation: 41 people, 32.28%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Iron deficiency anaemia while taking Zyrtec?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Iron deficiency anaemia
- Subscribe to monitor Iron deficiency anaemia in Zyrtec
You are not alone:
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 65,812 users)
Iron deficiency anaemia
Iron deficiency anaemia has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation/flutter, acne, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 12,060 Iron deficiency anaemia patients).
Drugs that are associated with Iron deficiency anaemiaIron deficiency anaemia (1,490 drugs)
Could your condition cause Iron deficiency anaemiaIron deficiency anaemia (935 conditions)
Zyrtec side effects
- Zyrtec side effects (61,974 reports)
Browse all side effects of Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Aggression with Thiotepa? - a second ago
- Will you have Blood Glucose Decreased with Glucovance? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Dental Fistula with Elmiron? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Rosacea with Avapro? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Acne Rosacea with Avapro? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Prevacid, Benicar, Bystolic, Dyazide - 8 minutes ago
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Focalin Xr - 42 minutes ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Nexplanon, Suboxone - 47 minutes ago
- A study for a 81 year old man who takes Mannitol 15%, L-tyrosine, Coq10 - an hour ago
- A study for a 44 year old woman who takes Imuran, Wellbutrin Xl - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.