Zyrtec and Irritability - from FDA reports
Irritability is found among people who take Zyrtec, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Flonase, and have Hypersensitivity. This review analyzes which people have Irritability with Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,166 people who have side effects when taking Zyrtec from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
52,166 people reported to have side effects when taking Zyrtec.
Among them, 390 people (0.75%) have Irritability
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Zyrtec when people have Irritability *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.79 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.16 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.53 %
- 10+ years: 2.63 %
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Zyrtec *:
- female: 55.73 %
- male: 44.27 %
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Zyrtec *:
- 0-1: 2.85 %
- 2-9: 18.67 %
- 10-19: 7.91 %
- 20-29: 6.65 %
- 30-39: 12.97 %
- 40-49: 18.04 %
- 50-59: 17.72 %
- 60+: 15.19 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity (45 people, 11.54%)
- Multiple Allergies (38 people, 9.74%)
- Pain (33 people, 8.46%)
- Depression (30 people, 7.69%)
- Asthma (28 people, 7.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Flonase (68 people, 17.44%)
- Singulair (56 people, 14.36%)
- Soma (40 people, 10.26%)
- Zoloft (38 people, 9.74%)
- Celebrex (36 people, 9.23%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Insomnia (117 people, 30.00%)
- Fatigue (114 people, 29.23%)
- Stress And Anxiety (111 people, 28.46%)
- Dizziness (94 people, 24.10%)
- Headache (93 people, 23.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Irritability when taking Zyrtec?
- Check symptoms - is irritability caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIrritability and drugs with ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIrritability and Zyrtec from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 56,018 users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, pain, quit smoking, hepatitis c, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 42,305 Irritability patients).
Browse all side effects of Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IrritabilityIrritability
Could your condition cause IrritabilityIrritability
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi.need help..had two kids back to back..had some numbness at that time..doctors said probably due to kids..started xolair because asthe began getting uncontrollable and have bad rashes..it has helped asthma and rashes but my numbness and tingling are tingling awful..not counting since last shot ...
User reviews to the study
I am an older (80) male who becomes very nervous when things are unusual re my health. My urine flow has decreased substantially since I just commenced taking Levofloxacin and also zyrtec. Any advice will be appreciated
Hi, I just began Contrave this morning and by the time I got to work I felt noticeably irritable for no reason at all. Will this get better? I'm a bit annoyed with myself for feeling this way without reason. It's silly.