Acetaminophen and Anaphylaxis (expanded source)
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,293 people who have side effects when taking Acetaminophen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
75,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Acetaminophen.
Among them, 491 people (0.65%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Acetaminophen when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Acetaminophen *:
- female: 58.58 %
- male: 41.42 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Acetaminophen *:
- 0-1: 0.23 %
- 2-9: 5.47 %
- 10-19: 8.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 33 people, 6.72%
- Preventive Health Care: 17 people, 3.46%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 13 people, 2.65%
- Fever: 12 people, 2.44%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 9 people, 1.83%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 50 people, 10.18%
- Prednisolone: 30 people, 6.11%
- Ibuprofen: 30 people, 6.11%
- Furosemide: 26 people, 5.30%
- Simvastatin: 25 people, 5.09%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 77 people, 15.68%
- Breathing Difficulty: 56 people, 11.41%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 43 people, 8.76%
- Rashes (redness): 38 people, 7.74%
- Chest Pain: 34 people, 6.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Acetaminophen?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Anaphylaxis
- Subscribe to monitor Anaphylaxis in Acetaminophen
You are not alone:
Acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen 76,419 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 51,450 Anaphylaxis patients).
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (2,390 drugs)
Could your condition cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (1,956 conditions)
Acetaminophen side effects
- Acetaminophen side effects (74,719 reports)
Browse all side effects of Acetaminophena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
- Anđelić N, Erdeljan S, Popović R, Božić T, "Anaphylaxis on graft reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantation: A case study", Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, 2012 Jan .
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Urination - Excessive At Night with Korlym? - now
- Will you have Nocturia with Korlym? - now
- Rizatriptan Benzoate and Abstral drug interaction - now
- K-Tab and Revatio drug interaction - now
- Will you have Virus Urine Test Positive with Coumadin? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Melatonin, Finasteride, Rogaine, Mirtazapine - 24 minutes ago
- A study for a 28 year old man who takes Depakote - 52 minutes ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Lipitor - an hour ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Glutathione - an hour ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Clenil - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.