Ciprofloxacin and Fever (expanded source)
Fever is found among people who take Ciprofloxacin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Fever with Ciprofloxacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,720 people who have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin from FDA and eHealthme, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 14, 2018
4,720 people reported to have side effects when taking Ciprofloxacin.
Among them, 262 people (5.55%) have Fever
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ciprofloxacin when people have Fever *:
- < 1 month: 88.1 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- female: 54.51 %
- male: 45.49 %
Age of people who have Fever when taking Ciprofloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.44 %
- 2-9: 0.88 %
- 10-19: 3.51 %
- 20-29: 9.21 %
- 30-39: 12.72 %
- 40-49: 12.28 %
- 50-59: 20.61 %
- 60+: 40.35 %
Severity of Fever *:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 57.14 %
- severe: 28.57 %
- most severe: 14.29 %
How people recovered from Fever *:
- while on drug: 25 %
- after off the drug: 50 %
- not yet: 25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (15 people, 5.73%)
- Pain (14 people, 5.34%)
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (13 people, 4.96%)
- Pseudomonas Infection (12 people, 4.58%)
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 4.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (34 people, 12.98%)
- Omeprazole (32 people, 12.21%)
- Amoxicillin (29 people, 11.07%)
- Allopurinol (24 people, 9.16%)
- Metronidazole (22 people, 8.40%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (60 people, 22.90%)
- Breathing Difficulty (51 people, 19.47%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (50 people, 19.08%)
- Pain (49 people, 18.70%)
- Fatigue (49 people, 18.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Fever when taking Ciprofloxacin?
- Check symptoms - is fever caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFever and drugs with ingredients of ciprofloxacin.
Limit the study to reports from FDA onlyFever and Ciprofloxacin from FDA reports
Ciprofloxacin has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Ciprofloxacin 5,329 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 260,063 Fever patients).
Browse all side effects of Ciprofloxacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FeverFever
Could your condition cause FeverFever
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bolognesi M, Bolognesi D, "Ciprofloxacin-induced paroxysmal atrial fibrilation", OA Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Schöfl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2017 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
Hi I've been taking 300 mg twice a day of Neurontin / Gabapentin and I recently started working out pretty strong and I noticed when I was on the spin bike for 45 minutes I was not breaking a sweat!!????. Thought that my water intake might be too low which it was.. . Just thought maybe I should ...
Hi I am David and have Ductal Prostate cancer that has spread to the bones. Since I took my second month injection I have had low grade fevor. After I took the 3rd month injection my fevor seems worse, so does my pain and I am totally weak and bedridden for the last two weeks. I can hardly ...
I have been on prednisone for PMR for a little over a month and have severe overheating about every hour. Worse than a hot flash. I also am reacting to sugar and very shaky much of the day, especially after I eat.