Clonidine and Breathing difficulty (expanded source)
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Breathing difficulty with Clonidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,674 people who have side effects when taking Clonidine from FDA and eHealthme, and is updated regularly.
33,674 people reported to have side effects when taking Clonidine.
Among them, 1,905 people (5.66%) have Breathing difficulty
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Clonidine when people have Breathing difficulty *:
- < 1 month: 42.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.52 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.11 %
- 2 - 5 years: 19.05 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Clonidine *:
- female: 63.33 %
- male: 36.67 %
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.39 %
- 2-9: 1.49 %
- 10-19: 2.91 %
- 20-29: 2.07 %
- 30-39: 5.31 %
- 40-49: 13.01 %
- 50-59: 22.14 %
- 60+: 52.69 %
Severity of Breathing difficulty *:
- least: 12.5 %
- moderate: 50.0 %
- severe: 37.5 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
How people recovered from Breathing difficulty *:
- while on drug: 33.33 %
- after off the drug: 16.67 %
- not yet: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 168 people, 8.82%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 119 people, 6.25%
- Stress And Anxiety: 105 people, 5.51%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 93 people, 4.88%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 90 people, 4.72%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 321 people, 16.85%
- Lisinopril: 291 people, 15.28%
- Aspirin: 285 people, 14.96%
- Norvasc: 236 people, 12.39%
- Furosemide: 202 people, 10.60%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 420 people, 22.05%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 417 people, 21.89%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 392 people, 20.58%
- Weakness: 371 people, 19.48%
- Pain: 343 people, 18.01%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Clonidine and have Breathing difficulty?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Breathing difficulty
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Clonidine 33,964 users)
Breathing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 313,737 Breathing difficulty patients).
Drugs that are associated with Breathing difficultyBreathing difficulty (4,138 drugs)
Could your condition cause Breathing difficultyBreathing difficulty (5,019 conditions)
Clonidine side effects
- Clonidine side effects (33,006 reports)
Browse all side effects of Clonidinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Clonidine and have Breathing Difficulty
- Support group for people who have Breathing Difficulty
- Support group for people who take Clonidine
Can you answer these questions
- What is better for nerve pain,lyrica or gabapentin? Please share any experience.
- Been having breathing problems since taking amoxicillin and went to hospital but was told I'm fine. What do I do
- was previously on Advair 550 for 2 yrs for asthma, started having severe nausea. Breo was prescribed an on day 3 started having severe sob .. i was so miserable .. took rescue inhaler every 4 hrs with little improvement. Was looking online an see that older women do exp these symptoms? Anyone...
- 162 pounds,5'11,42 years old.. I been diagnosed with a low ejection fraction of 47% and I'm scared to death,please any help would be appreciated.and I take an aspirin a day for the last two weeks,I smoked 1 pack of cigg a day and now 1 pack every 3 days,also can I take xanax for my nerves and...
- I have been having shortness of breathe could it be due to the midol
You may be interested in these posts
- I have just started taking Clopidogrel 3 weeks ago and have COPD and over the last 3 days have noticed my breathing getting worse, anyone else experienced this
- I've been on flomax for over 2 years and experience shortness of breath. I am 76 years old.
- I recently purchased my monthly testosterone and noticed the pharmacy changed manufacturer,after 1 injection 3 days later experienced breathing difficulty. Does the oil used in these products very ?
- My husband was diagnosed with polmunary embolia eight months ago and since then he has been on pradaxa, now he is experiencing shortness of breath, breathing difficulty, fatigue and sometimes cough
- Hi, I was diagnosed with Bulbar ALS in February 2017, which is mainly problems with talking and breathing. I also have drop foot and other muscular issues, such as cramps, twitches, and so forth. I started Riluzole in March and then luckily was eligible for Radicava infusions in December...
- Will you have Thromboembolic States with Delatestryl?
- Will you have Tendonitis with Stevia?
- Will you have Zieve Syndrome with Yellow Skin?
- Invokana and Moringa Oleifera drug interaction
- Will you have Lacrimation Decreased with Pancreatis Pulvis?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Delatestryl and have Thromboembolic States?
- Support group for people who take Stevia and have Tendonitis?
- Support group for people who have Yellow Skin and Zieve Syndrome?
- Support group for people who take Invokana and Moringa Oleifera
- Support group for people who take Pancreatis Pulvis and have Lacrimation Decreased?
- What to expect when you take Delatestryl and have Thromboembolic States?
- What to expect when you take Stevia and have Tendonitis?
- What to expect when you have Yellow Skin and Zieve Syndrome?
- What to expect when you take Invokana and Moringa Oleifera
- What to expect when you take Pancreatis Pulvis and have Lacrimation Decreased?
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Xyrem, Modafinil
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Cosentyx
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Bactrim, Prednisone, Xanax, Lipitor, Valcyte, Coreg, Creon, Magnesium, Prograf, Dexilant
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Klonopin, Pregabalin, Endep
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Rifampin, Isoniazid, Ethambutol Hydrochloride
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.