Who have Colitis with Elmiron (expanded source)
Colitis is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,733 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
3,733 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 29 people (0.78%) have Colitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Elmiron when people have Colitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 40 %
- 5 - 10 years: 20 %
- 10+ years: 20 %
Gender of people who have Colitis when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 85.71 %
- male: 14.29 %
Age of people who have Colitis when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5 %
- 20-29: 5 %
- 30-39: 5 %
- 40-49: 15 %
- 50-59: 40 %
- 60+: 30 %
Severity of Colitis *:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 0.0 %
- severe: 0.0 %
- most severe: 100 %
How people recovered from Colitis *:
- while on drug: 0.0 %
- after off the drug: 100 %
- not yet: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 10.34%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 6.90%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 3.45%
- Supplementation Therapy: 1 person, 3.45%
- Chronic Interstitial Cystitis (long lasting combination of infection of urinary tract and pelvic pain): 1 person, 3.45%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 3 people, 10.34%
- Xanax: 2 people, 6.90%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 6.90%
- Robaxin: 2 people, 6.90%
- Clonazepam: 2 people, 6.90%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rectal Haemorrhage (bleeding from anus): 5 people, 17.24%
- Oesophagitis (inflammation of oesophagus): 5 people, 17.24%
- Antinuclear Antibody Positive: 4 people, 13.79%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 13.79%
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 10.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Colitis while taking Elmiron?
You are not alone:
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,831 users)
Colitis (inflammation of colon) has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, malignant melanoma (latest reports from 26,767 Colitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with ColitisColitis (1,615 drugs)
Could your condition cause ColitisColitis (1,300 conditions)
Elmiron side effects
- Elmiron side effects (3,580 reports)
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Sleep Terror Disorder with Multivitamin? - now
- Will you have Vulvar Itching with Lisinopril? - a second ago
- Will you have Speech Impairment (Adult) with Avinza? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Language Impairment with Avinza? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Inability To Speak with Avinza? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 16 year old girl who takes Vyvanse - an hour ago
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Concerta - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Toprol-xl, Ativan, Norco for a 55 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Amitril, Lamotrigine - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.