5 htp vs. Clonidine: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of 5 htp and Clonidine. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 62,792 people who take 5 htp and Clonidine, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
62,792 people who take 5 htp and Clonidine are studied.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 248 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Clonidine?
Clonidine has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 58,772 Clonidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Clonidine (clonidine)
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 8.43 %
- somewhat: 27.71 %
- moderate: 40.96 %
- high: 13.86 %
- very high: 9.04 %
- not at all: 6.27 %
- somewhat: 21.12 %
- moderate: 34.08 %
- high: 28.96 %
- very high: 9.57 %
Want to compare 5 htp with Clonidine?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Clonidine side effects:
- High blood pressure: 4,845 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,971 reports
- Pain: 3,924 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,784 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,173 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 2,908 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 2,836 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,835 reports
Browse all side effects of Clonidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on 5 - htp and clonidine (the active ingredients of 5 htp and Clonidine, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hyperprolactinaemia and Eye Movements - Uncontrollable - 2 seconds ago
- Omnicef and Metronidazole drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Albuterol Sulfate and Vulvovaginitis - 5 seconds ago
- Patanol and High Blood Cholesterol - 11 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Groin Pain - 20 seconds ago
- Hctz and Brintellix drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Crestor and Plaquenil drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Brexpiprazole drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Valium and Fish Oil drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Junel Fe 1/20 vs. Norplant - 50 seconds ago