5 htp vs. Depakote: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of 5 htp and Depakote. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 66,742 people who take 5 htp and Depakote, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
66,742 people who take 5 htp and Depakote are studied.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 248 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Depakote?
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 52,780 Depakote users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
- Depakote (divalproex sodium)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 8.43 %
- somewhat: 27.71 %
- moderate: 40.96 %
- high: 13.86 %
- very high: 9.04 %
- not at all: 4.96 %
- somewhat: 20.85 %
- moderate: 31.38 %
- high: 29.51 %
- very high: 13.3 %
Want to compare 5 htp with Depakote?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Depakote side effects:
- Weight increased: 2,766 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,716 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,665 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 2,513 reports
- Pain: 2,310 reports
- Drowsiness: 2,191 reports
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2,179 reports
Browse all side effects of Depakote:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on 5 - htp and divalproex sodium (the active ingredients of 5 htp and Depakote, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Genvoya and Hypertransaminasaemia - now
- Otitis and drugs of ingredients of ascorbic acid; polyethylene glycol 3350; potassium chloride; sodium ascorbate; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate - 2 seconds ago
- Rebound Effect and drugs of ingredients of fluticasone propionate - 4 seconds ago
- Sildenafil Citrate and Wheezing - 11 seconds ago
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Thrombophlebitis - 14 seconds ago
- Isoniazid and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 14 seconds ago
- Pentasa vs. Oxycodone And Acetaminophen - 16 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine and Ibrutinib drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Jugular Vein Distension - 20 seconds ago
- Hyperventilation and White Blood Cell Count Increased - 29 seconds ago