5 htp vs. Fluvoxamine maleate: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of 5 htp and Fluvoxamine maleate. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 13,145 people who take 5 htp and Fluvoxamine maleate, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
13,145 people who take 5 htp and Fluvoxamine maleate are studied.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 248 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fluvoxamine maleate?
Fluvoxamine maleate has active ingredients of fluvoxamine maleate. It is often used in obsessive-compulsive disorder. eHealthMe is studying from 3,476 Fluvoxamine maleate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Fluvoxamine Maleate (fluvoxamine maleate)
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 8.43 %
- somewhat: 27.71 %
- moderate: 40.96 %
- high: 13.86 %
- very high: 9.04 %
- not at all: 4.15 %
- somewhat: 23.96 %
- moderate: 30.57 %
- high: 31.89 %
- very high: 9.43 %
Want to compare 5 htp with Fluvoxamine maleate?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pang, T., & Gudi, A., "Chest pain following the use of fluvoxamine in depression", Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare, 2018 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
- 5 htp (87 reports)
- Fluvoxamine maleate (3,147 reports)
Common Fluvoxamine maleate side effects:
- Fever: 174 reports
- Depression: 166 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 157 reports
- Drug ineffective: 152 reports
- Drowsiness: 140 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 128 reports
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 123 reports
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 118 reports
Browse all side effects of Fluvoxamine maleate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on 5 - htp and fluvoxamine maleate (the active ingredients of 5 htp and Fluvoxamine maleate, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metronidazole and Mycophenolate Mofetil drug interaction - a second ago
- Ursodiol and Acetaminophen drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Scopolamine and Bumetanide drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Vectibix and White Blood Cell Disorder - 14 seconds ago
- Ajovy and Arthritis - 58 seconds ago
- Robaxin and Dexamethasone drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Caverject Impulse and Byetta drug interaction - a minute ago
- Coumadin and Hearing Loss - a minute ago
- Isoniazid and Total Bile Acids Increased - a minute ago
- Erythema Multiforme in Strattera, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago