5 htp vs. Mirapex: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of 5 htp and Mirapex. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 38,310 people who take 5 htp and Mirapex, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
38,310 people who take 5 htp and Mirapex are studied.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 248 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Mirapex?
Mirapex has active ingredients of pramipexole dihydrochloride. It is often used in restless leg syndrome. eHealthMe is studying from 19,655 Mirapex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Mirapex (pramipexole dihydrochloride)
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 8.48 %
- somewhat: 27.88 %
- moderate: 41.21 %
- high: 13.33 %
- very high: 9.09 %
- not at all: 4.14 %
- somewhat: 16.96 %
- moderate: 27.21 %
- high: 31.51 %
- very high: 20.18 %
Want to compare 5 htp with Mirapex?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Mirapex side effects:
- Pathological gambling: 1,738 reports
- Pain: 1,494 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,355 reports
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;): 1,229 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,206 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,168 reports
- Depression: 1,149 reports
Browse all side effects of Mirapex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on 5 - htp and pramipexole dihydrochloride (the active ingredients of 5 htp and Mirapex, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Adenosine and Cyramza drug interaction - now
- Adempas and Neoral drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Adempas and Nasacort drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Adempas and Paliperidone drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide and Proctitis - 13 seconds ago
- Increased Tendency To Bruise in Metoprolol Succinate, how severe and when it was recovered? - 16 seconds ago
- Xalkori and Myalgia Aggravated - 16 seconds ago
- Adempas and Tamsulosin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Anticonvulsant Drug Level Increased - 17 seconds ago
- Regranex and Osteoarthritis Aggravated - 18 seconds ago