Avonex vs. Rituxan: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of Avonex and Rituxan. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 375,242 people who take Avonex and Rituxan, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
375,242 people who take Avonex and Rituxan are studied.
What is Avonex?
Avonex has active ingredients of interferon beta 1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 193,476 Avonex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rituxan?
Rituxan has active ingredients of rituximab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 60,343 Rituxan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Avonex (interferon beta 1a)
- Rituxan (rituximab)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 8.18 %
- somewhat: 17.73 %
- moderate: 23.18 %
- high: 34.09 %
- very high: 16.82 %
- not at all: 6.16 %
- somewhat: 13.7 %
- moderate: 27.74 %
- high: 28.08 %
- very high: 24.32 %
Want to compare Avonex with Rituxan?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Avonex side effects:
- Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 11,634 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,114 reports
- Weakness: 10,310 reports
- Memory loss: 9,871 reports
Browse all side effects of Avonex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Rituxan side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 19,157 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 12,739 reports
- Pain: 8,633 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7,704 reports
- Joint pain: 7,091 reports
- Joint swelling: 6,359 reports
- Rashes (redness): 6,336 reports
Browse all side effects of Rituxan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on interferon beta 1a and rituximab (the active ingredients of Avonex and Rituxan, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated and drugs of ingredients of meropenem - 3 seconds ago
- Clonidine and Ginkgo Biloba drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Pepcid Ac and Symbicort drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Kesimpta and Hand Deformity - 11 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide and Motor Neurone Disease - 15 seconds ago
- Parkinson'S Disease and Sputum Discolored - 16 seconds ago
- Upper Limb Fracture and drugs of ingredients of diazepam - 17 seconds ago
- Metformin and Acute Psychosis - 22 seconds ago
- Levetiracetam and Humalog Kwikpen drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Duragesic and Zolpidem Tartrate drug interaction - 34 seconds ago