Klonopin vs. 5 htp: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of Klonopin and 5 htp. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 188,747 people who take Klonopin and 5 htp, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
188,747 people who take Klonopin and 5 htp are studied.
What is Klonopin?
Klonopin has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 62,472 Klonopin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 244 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 2.07 %
- somewhat: 16.66 %
- moderate: 32.35 %
- high: 34.06 %
- very high: 14.85 %
- not at all: 8.59 %
- somewhat: 27.61 %
- moderate: 40.49 %
- high: 14.11 %
- very high: 9.2 %
Want to compare Klonopin with 5 htp?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- McFarlane SI, "Torsades de Pointes induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", , 2015 Jan .
- Ashkar AG, Goldberg T, Maraj I, Masters A, McFarlane SI, "Torsades De Pointes Induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Case Reports, 2015 Jan .
- McFarlane, S. I. , "Torsades de Pointes induced by Methadone and Clonazepam Use", , 2014 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Klonopin side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 5,458 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,937 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,898 reports
- Depression: 4,404 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 4,220 reports
- Pain: 4,144 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3,957 reports
Browse all side effects of Klonopin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on clonazepam and 5 - htp (the active ingredients of Klonopin and 5 htp, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pulmicort and Nail Pitting - 5 seconds ago
- Dry Eye Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of interferon beta 1a - 7 seconds ago
- Gemcitabine and Hyperamylasaemia - 20 seconds ago
- Topiramate and Divalproex drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Cough and drugs of ingredients of lorazepam - 26 seconds ago
- Gliclazide and Rozerem drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Immune Tolerance Induction and Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Recurrent - 32 seconds ago
- Hallucinations and drugs of ingredients of clonazepam - 35 seconds ago
- Dobutamine Hydrochloride and Left Ventricular Failure - 36 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Migraine With Aura - 37 seconds ago