Lyrica vs. 5 htp: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of Lyrica and 5 htp. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 300,236 people who take Lyrica and 5 htp, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
300,236 people who take Lyrica and 5 htp are studied.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 249,053 Lyrica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 248 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 5.77 %
- somewhat: 27.71 %
- moderate: 35.84 %
- high: 23.76 %
- very high: 6.92 %
- not at all: 8.7 %
- somewhat: 28.57 %
- moderate: 40.37 %
- high: 13.04 %
- very high: 9.32 %
Want to compare Lyrica with 5 htp?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Lyrica side effects:
- Pain: 30,908 reports
- Drug ineffective: 25,036 reports
- Dizziness: 14,707 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 13,952 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,177 reports
- Weight increased: 12,245 reports
Browse all side effects of Lyrica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on pregabalin and 5 - htp (the active ingredients of Lyrica and 5 htp, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sandimmune and Fibrin Degradation Products Increased - 8 seconds ago
- Dexamethasone and Haemophilus Infection - 15 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Buspirone Hcl drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Protopic and Adverse Reaction - 47 seconds ago
- Xyrem and Immune System Disorder - 52 seconds ago
- Xyrem and Iliotibial Band Syndrome - 53 seconds ago
- Profen and Colonic Atony - a minute ago
- Difluprednate and Vigamox drug interaction - a minute ago
- Immunology Test Abnormal and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - a minute ago
- Fosamprenavir Calcium and Stress And Anxiety - a minute ago