Paxil cr vs. 5 htp: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of Paxil cr and 5 htp. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 146,480 people who take Paxil cr and 5 htp, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
146,480 people who take Paxil cr and 5 htp are studied.
What is Paxil cr?
Paxil cr has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 8,261 Paxil cr users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is 5 htp?
5 htp has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 248 5 htp users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- 5 Htp (5 - htp)
- Paxil Cr (paroxetine hydrochloride)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 4.57 %
- somewhat: 19.78 %
- moderate: 33.58 %
- high: 30.74 %
- very high: 11.33 %
- not at all: 8.38 %
- somewhat: 27.54 %
- moderate: 40.72 %
- high: 14.37 %
- very high: 8.98 %
Want to compare Paxil cr with 5 htp?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Coskun M, Adak I, Akaltun I, "Bilateral gynecomastia in a preadolescent boy while under treatment with methylphenidate and paroxetine", Journal of clinical psychopharmacology, 2014 Aug .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Paxil cr side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 905 reports
- Atrial septal defect (an abnormal opening between the left and right atria of the heart): 807 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 769 reports
- Dizziness: 755 reports
- Ventricular septal defect (a hole in the heart, is a common heart defect that's present at birth (congenital)): 513 reports
Browse all side effects of Paxil cr:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on paroxetine hydrochloride and 5 - htp (the active ingredients of Paxil cr and 5 htp, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Qvar and Detrol drug interaction - a second ago
- Adempas and Olanzapine drug interaction - a second ago
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Mallory-Weiss Syndrome - 7 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine and Scleritis - 10 seconds ago
- Betamethasone Valerate and Cetirizine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Avastin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Quillivant Xr vs. Bupropion Hydrochloride - 25 seconds ago
- Dehydration in Junel Fe 1/20, how severe and when it was recovered? - 27 seconds ago
- Adderall and Zantac 300 drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Remicade and Lyme Disease - 30 seconds ago