Trilipix vs. Vytorin: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of Trilipix and Vytorin. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 26,805 people who take Trilipix and Vytorin, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
26,805 people who take Trilipix and Vytorin are studied.
What is Trilipix?
Trilipix has active ingredients of choline fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 5,833 Trilipix users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Vytorin?
Vytorin has active ingredients of ezetimibe; simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 19,816 Vytorin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Vytorin (ezetimibe; simvastatin)
- Trilipix (choline fenofibrate)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 3.11 %
- somewhat: 26.42 %
- moderate: 36.79 %
- high: 22.8 %
- very high: 10.88 %
- not at all: 0.67 %
- somewhat: 8.02 %
- moderate: 26.5 %
- high: 48.33 %
- very high: 16.48 %
Want to compare Trilipix with Vytorin?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Trilipix side effects:
- Skin blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck): 405 reports
- Rashes (redness): 353 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 304 reports
- Itching: 266 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 258 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 237 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 236 reports
Browse all side effects of Trilipix:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Vytorin side effects:
- Weakness: 1,236 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,140 reports
- Pain: 1,127 reports
- Dizziness: 1,039 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,004 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 985 reports
Browse all side effects of Vytorin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on choline fenofibrate and ezetimibe; simvastatin (the active ingredients of Trilipix and Vytorin, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cialis and Dermatitis Atopic - 5 seconds ago
- Tradjenta and Lung Carcinoma Cell Type Unspecified Stage Iv - 6 seconds ago
- Asthma and Vaginal Bleeding - 13 seconds ago
- Paracetamol and Phantom Pain - 14 seconds ago
- Flomax and Ocrevus drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Fosamprenavir Calcium and Transplant Rejection - 22 seconds ago
- Paclitaxel and Blepharitis - 26 seconds ago
- Zithromax and Safyral drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- How effective is Blopress for High Blood Pressure? - 36 seconds ago
- Nubain vs. Naltrexone Hydrochloride - 36 seconds ago