Vicodin vs. Buspar: side effect and effectiveness comparison - a phase IV clinical study
We compare the side effects and drug effectiveness of Vicodin and Buspar. The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports (from sources including the FDA) of 297,634 people who take Vicodin and Buspar, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
297,634 people who take Vicodin and Buspar are studied.
What is Vicodin?
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 62,024 Vicodin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Buspar?
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 19,149 Buspar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Drugs being compared in this study:
- Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride)
- Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate)
Most common side effects of the drugs, overall:
Most common side effects of the drugs, in long term (1+ years) use:
- not at all: 1.6600000000000001 %
- somewhat: 21.67 %
- moderate: 40.91 %
- high: 27.11 %
- very high: 8.65 %
- not at all: 7.5 %
- somewhat: 30.28 %
- moderate: 34.6 %
- high: 20.79 %
- very high: 6.83 %
Want to compare Vicodin with Buspar?Personalize this study to your gender and age (0-99+).
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of:
Common Vicodin side effects:
- Pain: 8,895 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 4,939 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,516 reports
- Depression: 3,789 reports
Browse all side effects of Vicodin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Buspar side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 1,605 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,244 reports
- Depression: 1,199 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,196 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,147 reports
- Pain: 1,084 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 982 reports
Browse all side effects of Buspar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate and buspirone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Vicodin and Buspar, respectively). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs or brand names) are also considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hctz and Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy - 12 seconds ago
- Knee Joint Replacement and Metabolic Acidosis - 14 seconds ago
- Toviaz and Stable Angina - 17 seconds ago
- Pioglitazone Hydrochloride and Azithromycin drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Iressa and Lung Abscess - 34 seconds ago
- Meclizine and Obstructive Uropathy - 35 seconds ago
- Rexulti and Rozerem drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Acne Cystic and Sinusitis - Chronic - 46 seconds ago
- Migranal and Lovaza drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Duopa and Camptocormia - 50 seconds ago