Pericarditis and drugs of ingredients of alprazolam - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pericarditis is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of alprazolam, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 6 months. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 232,081 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of alprazolam from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Alprazolam, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax xr.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
232,081 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of alprazolam.
Among them, 130 people (0.06%) have Pericarditis
What is Pericarditis?
Pericarditis (inflammation of the pericardium) is found to be associated with 1,497 drugs and 930 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of alprazolam when people have Pericarditis *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 60 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pericarditis when taking drugs with ingredients of alprazolam *:
- female: 48.03 %
- male: 51.97 %
Age of people who have Pericarditis when taking drugs with ingredients of alprazolam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 6.38 %
- 30-39: 4.26 %
- 40-49: 28.72 %
- 50-59: 24.47 %
- 60+: 36.17 %
Conditions people have *:
- Depression: 13 people, 10.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 5.38%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 7 people, 5.38%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 4.62%
- Pain: 6 people, 4.62%
- Diabetes: 6 people, 4.62%
- Neuroendocrine Carcinoma (cancer tumour that arise from cells of the endocrine (hormonal) and nervous systems): 6 people, 4.62%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 5 people, 3.85%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 3.85%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 3.08%
Other drugs people take *:
- Celebrex: 23 people, 17.69%
- Lexapro: 22 people, 16.92%
- Zoloft: 21 people, 16.15%
- Prevacid: 20 people, 15.38%
- Aspirin: 20 people, 15.38%
- Prilosec: 17 people, 13.08%
- Percocet: 16 people, 12.31%
- Lasix: 15 people, 11.54%
- Paxil: 15 people, 11.54%
- Prednisone: 14 people, 10.77%
Other side effects people have besides Pericarditis *:
- Chest Pain: 47 people, 36.15%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 33 people, 25.38%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 32 people, 24.62%
- Breathing Difficulty: 32 people, 24.62%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 26 people, 20.00%
- Pain: 26 people, 20.00%
- Weakness: 25 people, 19.23%
- Pericardial Effusion (fluid around the heart): 25 people, 19.23%
- Abdominal Pain: 23 people, 17.69%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 22 people, 16.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of alprazolam, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alprazolam. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa and Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged - a second ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Meniscal Degeneration - 6 seconds ago
- Celexa and Hypersensitivity - 10 seconds ago
- Tresiba and Acne - 14 seconds ago
- How effective is Celebrex for Pain In Extremity? - 16 seconds ago
- Pemetrexed and Sputum Discolored - 17 seconds ago
- Cordarone and Hepatitis Chronic Active - 20 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole and Dicyclomine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Celexa and Urticaria - 22 seconds ago
- Sarcoidosis and Hyperkalemia - 32 seconds ago