Dupuytren's contracture and drugs of ingredients of candesartan cilexetil - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil. This phase IV clinical study analyzes 65,233 people who have side effects while taking drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil from the the FDA. Among them, 3 have Dupuytren's contracture. Find out below who they are, when they have Dupuytren's contracture and more.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Atacand, Blopress, Candesartan cilexetil.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
65,233 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil.
Among them, 3 people (0.0%) have Dupuytren's contracture
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 448 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Conditions people have *:
- Spondyloarthropathy (any joint disease of the vertebral column): 1 person, 33.33%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 33.33%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 33.33%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 33.33%
Other drugs people take *:
- Xyzal: 1 person, 33.33%
- Xeljanz: 1 person, 33.33%
- Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate: 1 person, 33.33%
- Omeprazole: 1 person, 33.33%
- Crestor: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cordarone: 1 person, 33.33%
- Bumex: 1 person, 33.33%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 33.33%
Other side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Radiculopathy (a set of conditions in which one or more nerves is affected and does not work properly): 1 person, 33.33%
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles): 1 person, 33.33%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 1 person, 33.33%
- Otitis (ear infection): 1 person, 33.33%
- Nerve Compression: 1 person, 33.33%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Haematoma (collection of blood outside the blood vessels): 1 person, 33.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 33.33%
- Arthropathy: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of candesartan cilexetil, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on candesartan cilexetil. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bactroban and Emphysema - now
- Zevalin and Cholestasis - now
- Jardiance and Impaired Work Ability - a second ago
- Firazyr and Menstrual Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen Sodium and Migraine - 11 seconds ago
- Osteoarthritis Aggravated and Hepatocellular Damage Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Zymar and Drug Hypersensitivity - 17 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and Dermatosis - 20 seconds ago
- Avonex and Colonic Haemorrhage - 22 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime Axetil and Breathing Difficulty - 25 seconds ago