Hypersplenism and drugs of ingredients of cladribine - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypersplenism is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of cladribine, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old . This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,562 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of cladribine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Cladribine, Leustatin, Mavenclad.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,562 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of cladribine.
Among them, 7 people (0.27%) have Hypersplenism
What is Hypersplenism?
Hypersplenism (enlarged spleen and a decrease in one or more types of blood cells) is found to be associated with 330 drugs and 157 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypersplenism when taking drugs with ingredients of cladribine *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hypersplenism when taking drugs with ingredients of cladribine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 66.67 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Conditions people have *:
- Langerhans' Cell Histiocytosis: 5 people, 71.43%
- Systemic Mastocytosis (a condition caused by the accumulation of mast cells in more than one part of the body): 2 people, 28.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 14.29%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 14.29%
- Liver Disorder (liver diseases): 1 person, 14.29%
- Disease Progression: 1 person, 14.29%
Other drugs people take *:
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 42.86%
- Ondansetron: 1 person, 14.29%
- Escitalopram: 1 person, 14.29%
Other side effects people have besides Hypersplenism *:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 5 people, 71.43%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 5 people, 71.43%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 5 people, 71.43%
- Fever: 5 people, 71.43%
- Growth Hormone Deficiency: 5 people, 71.43%
- Cognitive Disorder (mental health disorders affects learning, memory, perception, and problem solving): 4 people, 57.14%
- Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver): 4 people, 57.14%
- Cardiac Failure: 2 people, 28.57%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 28.57%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of cladribine, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cladribine. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Hepatocellular Damage - 12 seconds ago
- Night Sweats and drugs of ingredients of temazepam - 27 seconds ago
- Fetzima and Estrace drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Syncope Vasovagal - 46 seconds ago
- Depakene and Urinary Tract Infection - 54 seconds ago
- Byetta and Hydroxyzine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Promethazine and Gums - Swollen - a minute ago
- Chapped Lips and drugs of ingredients of lemon balm - a minute ago
- Fatigue in Claritin Reditabs, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Aricept and Heart Attack - a minute ago