clonidine and Rash - from FDA reports
Rash is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of clonidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Rash with drugs with ingredients of clonidine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,718 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of clonidine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
35,718 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of clonidine.
Among them, 1,300 people (3.64%) have Rash
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of clonidine when people have Rash *:
- < 1 month: 32.76 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.21 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.45 %
- 1 - 2 years: 17.24 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.45 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.9 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rash when taking drugs with ingredients of clonidine *:
- female: 64.25 %
- male: 35.75 %
Age of people who have Rash when taking drugs with ingredients of clonidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.47 %
- 10-19: 2.7800000000000002 %
- 20-29: 2.27 %
- 30-39: 4.02 %
- 40-49: 12.46 %
- 50-59: 25.54 %
- 60+: 50.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 116 people, 8.92%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 95 people, 7.31%
- Stress And Anxiety: 71 people, 5.46%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 66 people, 5.08%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 62 people, 4.77%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 195 people, 15.00%
- Norvasc: 188 people, 14.46%
- Lisinopril: 168 people, 12.92%
- Lasix: 164 people, 12.62%
- Synthroid: 120 people, 9.23%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching: 266 people, 20.46%
- Pain: 259 people, 19.92%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 233 people, 17.92%
- Breathing Difficulty: 204 people, 15.69%
- Weakness: 202 people, 15.54%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeclonidine and Rash from FDA and eHealthme reports
Drugs with ingredients of clonidineCatapres-tts-1, Catapres-tts-2, Catapres-tts-3, Clonidine
Rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 290,951 Rash patients).
Drugs that are associated with RashRash
Could your condition cause RashRash
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohammad MM, Syrigos KN, Saif MW, "Association between Rash and a Positive Drug Response Associated with Vinorelbine in a Patient with Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma", Case reports in dermatological medicine, 2013 Sep .
- Teimoory M, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Bastani B, "Promethazine and Treatment Refractory Agitation in Clonidine Toxicity", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Mar .
Analysis tools (to study 526 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Rash (717 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- I started taking potassium citrate for Utica acid kidney stones. I walk 6 miles a day and the weather has been hot and humid I started developing a rash on my abdomen and thighs. I don’t know if it’s a heat rash or a rash caused by the potassium citrate. Anyone have this experience?
- My name is Jackie. I took ciprofloxacin for ten days.
- Hi, i have been on Diovan HCT for 13 years and have been experiencing skin rash over last 6 months
- I have been taking amiodarone for 6 months, during that time I had some side effects! Now I am very itchy and have a rash extreme hair loss in the last month
- I'm also taking metoprolol. Blood pressure >200/100 for many months.
More posts for: Rash
- What to expect when you take Amlodipine and Amitriptyline Hydrochloride
- Will you have Skin - Dry with Dilantin?
- Will you have Angioedema with Coreg?
- Will you have Trigeminy with Embolism?
- Will you have Orthostatic Hypotension with Pericardial Effusion?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Dilantin and have Skin - Dry?
- Support group for people who take Coreg and have Angioedema?
- Support group for people who have Embolism and Trigeminy?
- Support group for people who have Pericardial Effusion and Orthostatic Hypotension?
- Support group for people who take Buscopan and have Dry Eyes?
- I am taking Premarin for 25 years Two years ago developed angiodema
- Hi, my name is Diane. Has anyone had severe loss from this. I have two copies of the gene. Seeking...
- Hello, my name is Amanda and I am a 25 year old female. I am currently a 2nd year dental student. I...
- Hello. I have been taking Plaquenil for a year and a half. It has helped me with Lupus pain a lot....
- I took amlodipine and had a mania attack out of nowhere other than stress. Could this happen again...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.