Hypomania and drugs of ingredients of fluticasone propionate - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypomania is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for < 1 month. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 160,243 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Armonair digihaler, Armonair respiclick, Cutivate, Flonase, Flonase allergy relief, Flovent, Flovent diskus 100, Flovent diskus 250, Flovent diskus 50, Flovent hfa, Fluticasone propionate, Xhance.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
160,243 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate.
Among them, 59 people (0.04%) have Hypomania
What is Hypomania?
Hypomania (a mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity) is found to be associated with 810 drugs and 512 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate when people have Hypomania *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypomania when taking drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate *:
- female: 69.64 %
- male: 30.36 %
Age of people who have Hypomania when taking drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.38 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.9 %
- 40-49: 35.71 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 35.71 %
Conditions people have *:
- Pain: 18 people, 30.51%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 12 people, 20.34%
- Quit Smoking: 12 people, 20.34%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 11 people, 18.64%
- Heart Attack: 10 people, 16.95%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 9 people, 15.25%
- Cough: 8 people, 13.56%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 8 people, 13.56%
- Depression: 6 people, 10.17%
- Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings): 5 people, 8.47%
Other drugs people take *:
- Lyrica: 21 people, 35.59%
- Depakote: 14 people, 23.73%
- Xanax: 13 people, 22.03%
- Topamax: 12 people, 20.34%
- Clonidine: 12 people, 20.34%
- Neurontin: 12 people, 20.34%
- Abilify: 11 people, 18.64%
- Prozac: 11 people, 18.64%
- Coumadin: 11 people, 18.64%
- Lithium Carbonate: 11 people, 18.64%
Other side effects people have besides Hypomania *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 30 people, 50.85%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 26 people, 44.07%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 21 people, 35.59%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 21 people, 35.59%
- Depression: 18 people, 30.51%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 17 people, 28.81%
- Dizziness: 17 people, 28.81%
- Pain: 16 people, 27.12%
- Headache (pain in head): 16 people, 27.12%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 16 people, 27.12%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lehrer, S., & Rheinstein, P. H. , "Alzheimer’s Disease and Intranasal Fluticasone Propionate in the FDA MedWatch Adverse Events Database", Journal of Alzheimer's disease reports, (Preprint), 1-5., 2018 Jan .
Drugs with ingredients of fluticasone propionate, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fluticasone propionate. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tacrolimus and Herpes Sepsis - 11 seconds ago
- Budesonide and Basedow'S Disease - 20 seconds ago
- Naftifine Hydrochloride and Pneumonia Aggravated - 22 seconds ago
- Cimzia and Ammonium Lactate drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride and Xarelto drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Methylfolate and Nightmares - 28 seconds ago
- Acute Upper Airway Obstruction and drugs of ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir alafenamide fumarate - 31 seconds ago
- Clexane and Craniocerebral Injury - 37 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Abdominal Pain - 39 seconds ago
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome (Ohs) and drugs of ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium - 46 seconds ago