Iron deficiency anaemia and drugs of ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Iron deficiency anaemia is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 1 - 2 years. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,910 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Imdur, Ismo, Isosorbide mononitrate, Monoket.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
53,910 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate.
Among them, 194 people (0.36%) have Iron deficiency anaemia
What is Iron deficiency anaemia?
Iron deficiency anaemia is found to be associated with 1,776 drugs and 1,060 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate when people have Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 66.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate *:
- female: 54.17 %
- male: 45.83 %
Age of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.23 %
- 40-49: 0.61 %
- 50-59: 18.4 %
- 60+: 79.75 %
Conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 35 people, 18.04%
- Diabetes: 33 people, 17.01%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 26 people, 13.40%
- Constipation: 22 people, 11.34%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 21 people, 10.82%
- Stress And Anxiety: 21 people, 10.82%
- Asthma: 20 people, 10.31%
- Hypertonic Bladder (bladder-storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate): 19 people, 9.79%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 19 people, 9.79%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 19 people, 9.79%
Other drugs people take *:
- Lasix: 65 people, 33.51%
- Xanax: 44 people, 22.68%
- Aspirin: 44 people, 22.68%
- Synthroid: 37 people, 19.07%
- Furosemide: 34 people, 17.53%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 29 people, 14.95%
- Plavix: 28 people, 14.43%
- Crestor: 28 people, 14.43%
- Zestril: 26 people, 13.40%
- Coreg: 25 people, 12.89%
Other side effects people have besides Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- Chest Pain: 65 people, 33.51%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 45 people, 23.20%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 41 people, 21.13%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 41 people, 21.13%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 39 people, 20.10%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 36 people, 18.56%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 35 people, 18.04%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 34 people, 17.53%
- Pneumonia: 33 people, 17.01%
- Stress And Anxiety: 33 people, 17.01%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drugs with ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isosorbide mononitrate. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen and Atacand drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Cotrim and Glucophage drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Valacyclovir Hydrochloride drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Myfortic drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Fiorinal W/Codeine and Lexapro drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Superior Sagittal Sinus Thrombosis and Intracranial Venous Sinus Thrombosis - 40 seconds ago
- Amlodipine and Thrombocytosis - 45 seconds ago
- Jadelle and Facial Paralysis - 46 seconds ago
- Topamax and Peginterferon drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Milia - 49 seconds ago