Thyroid diseases and drugs of ingredients of levetiracetam - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thyroid diseases is found among people who take drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drugs for 6 - 12 months. This phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 121,596 people who have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Drug(s) considered in the study (i.e. both brand name and generic drugs): Elepsia xr, Keppra, Keppra xr, Levetiracetam, Levetiracetam in sodium chloride, Roweepra, Spritam.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
121,596 people reported to have side effects when taking drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam.
Among them, 126 people (0.1%) have Thyroid diseases
What is Thyroid diseases?
Thyroid diseases is found to be associated with 2,139 drugs and 1,518 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam when people have Thyroid diseases *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thyroid diseases when taking drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam *:
- female: 76.67 %
- male: 23.33 %
Age of people who have Thyroid diseases when taking drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam *:
- 0-1: 1.19 %
- 2-9: 2.38 %
- 10-19: 2.38 %
- 20-29: 7.14 %
- 30-39: 1.19 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 32.14 %
Conditions people have *:
- Depression: 16 people, 12.70%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 10 people, 7.94%
- Pain: 10 people, 7.94%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 8 people, 6.35%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 8 people, 6.35%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 4.76%
- Malignant Melanoma (skin cancer rises from melancytes): 5 people, 3.97%
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: 4 people, 3.17%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 4 people, 3.17%
- Migraine (headache): 4 people, 3.17%
Other drugs people take *:
- Synthroid: 28 people, 22.22%
- Neurontin: 12 people, 9.52%
- Dilantin: 9 people, 7.14%
- Vitamin D3: 9 people, 7.14%
- Lamictal: 8 people, 6.35%
- Metformin: 8 people, 6.35%
- Ativan: 8 people, 6.35%
- Vimpat: 7 people, 5.56%
- Tamsulosin: 7 people, 5.56%
- Fish Oil: 7 people, 5.56%
Other side effects people have besides Thyroid diseases *:
- Dizziness: 21 people, 16.67%
- Abortion Spontaneous (naturally occurring miscarriage): 19 people, 15.08%
- Headache (pain in head): 19 people, 15.08%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 17 people, 13.49%
- Pneumonia: 16 people, 12.70%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 15 people, 11.90%
- Fall: 14 people, 11.11%
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy): 14 people, 11.11%
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 10.32%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 13 people, 10.32%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Spengler DC, Montouris GD, Hohler AD, "Levetiracetam as a possible contributor to acute kidney injury", Clinical therapeutics, 2014 Aug .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
Drugs with ingredients of levetiracetam, their effectiveness, alternatives and more:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levetiracetam. All drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. brand name and generic drugs) are considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sleep Disorder and drugs of ingredients of aspirin - 11 seconds ago
- Hot Flush and drugs of ingredients of tamoxifen citrate - 11 seconds ago
- Bepotastine Besilate and Glaucoma - 15 seconds ago
- Cyclogyl and Glucosamine drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Cotrim and Lymphocyte Count Decreased - 20 seconds ago
- Colecalciferol and Intal drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Senna drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Quit Smoking - 36 seconds ago
- Angioedema and drugs of ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride - 37 seconds ago
- Carfilzomib and Loss Of Proprioception - 44 seconds ago